GO!

Collars & Leashes! What do you use?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  
Dolly

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 8:49pm PST 
My mom uses a regular collar on me and a retractable leash.

Love, Dolly
[notify]
Pixie

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 11:27am PST 
I love the Petco comfort adjustable collar. They are fairly inexpensive and are very comfortable for the dog. We do use harnesses for walks.
[notify]
Tiara

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 3:14pm PST 
I would like to see the flexi leash tossed out and never used again. I work at a petsmart, and you have all these people walking with the dog out at the full extent of the leash. Not paying attention to where the dog is at while they stop and shop. I have seen people get twisted up in the string or the string get caught in a carts wheels since the person did not see the string there. They should be cut back to 5 foot at the fullest. A flexi should not be used as the main leash. They have a place to be used , and it is not insdie a store or on a walk. To many people do not know that there is a brake on those things.
[notify]

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 11:34pm PST 
After much trial and error what works best for us is a harness and standard leash. I hear too many bad things about retractable leashes.

I got Frankie the puppia harness and it is the best thing we ever gotten for him. I feel much safer with him wearing it, not only in case he starts to pull, but also because of them saying toy breeds are prone to trachea collapse. So I just feel safer with the harness. smile

We still have a regular collar on him with his ID and rabies tags, but the leash gets fastened to the harness.

Edited by author Fri Aug 3, '12 11:35pm PST

[notify]
Emma-Gem

I'm the PRINCESS- of the house!

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 6:06am PST 
I made a halter for my little puppy because they dont make ones small enought for a puppies neck i PREFURE halters over collars
[notify]
Seymour- Glass- Shrader

"Can we go- outside yet?"

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 6:52am PST 
the flexi leashes aren't good for dogs that aren't supposed to pull becuase to get farther they have to pull it out of the handlecry
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 11:29am PST 
I use a double nylon leash, it's thick enough a strong puller can't snap it. I like the flexibilty. After a few months it softens to your individual grip.
Sophie has a whole bunch of regular collars but with Callie he wears a collar for ID and a Petco padded harness for a bit more control.
[notify]
Natcho

LabraDORK

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 1:28pm PST 
I have a 5 ft leash and a retractable 16 ft one. I use the 16ft one when we're walking in a field or down at the beach.
[notify]
ROSCOE

The World Is My- Playground

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 6:36pm PST 
I use a deerskin collar and leather 6' lead. If I'm in Petco I use just a 2' leather braided lead so I stay close to Moms side for my own protection from dogs that are allowed to be all over the place.

Another thing I never am allowed to wear my collar in the house if I'm home alone. It can get caught on things like window cranks and door knobs so it's a saftey issue.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 7:34am PST 
A plus with nylon leashes and collars is that they're cold water machine washable. Soph has a denim collar that washes nicely too. I like washable for when a collar gets dirty or smells doggie or a leash gets peed on. dog walk
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4