GO!

Dog Sling for Small Dogs

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '12 8:22pm PST 
How do I move out into the world comfortably with my small dog, Chi Chi? I want him to keep his feet clean, by close to you and be totally safe. I am thinking of a dog sling and have found one I am interested in Dog Sling at the Doggie Diva Dog Boutique Online. Would love to hear anyone's opinion as to the type of brand?

Warmly, dogprotector1
[notify]
Dora

A-Dora-ble!

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '12 10:40pm PST 
Really, you want your little one to walk on his own four feet as much as possible. He'll be happier, healthier, more confident, and better behaved.

However, with a true little, there are times when it isn't safe or the outing is too long for them to walk the whole time. For those times, a sling or a purse carrier is a great thing to have.
[notify]
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Sun Apr 8, '12 7:49am PST 
I use one with Scooter when we are in situations where it is just unsafe (Korean subway system during rush hour) or the weather makes it too messy (monsoon season or blizzard). The problem with most slings is that the shoulder piece is generally not padded enough to it to be comfortable. I have both a padded luggage handle AND a padded seat belt cover (both velcro in place) on mine and it still digs. I've even tried it with a friend's much smaller 3# Yorkie and experienced the same issue.
[notify]

Emma-Gem

I'm the PRINCESS- of the house!

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 12:10pm PST 
You can either a) make your own their pretty simple (b) buy one or get one to make one for you or c) buy a Doggy buggy (which is somthing i want to buy becaus somtimes their are places you want to take your pets and they jut cant walk there (people dont pay attention to little dogs and they might step on their feet or hurt them!
[notify]