GO!

i feel like...

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sun Feb 12, '12 11:52am PST 
is there an emergency vet in your area?

was the fecal matter the vet shaved away totally covering the anus? so it was blocking his poop from coming out?

please, take a deep breath and calm down.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Feb 15, '12 7:46am PST 
Domino,
We know that you are having a difficult time right now. We would like to be more helpful but with the information posted here you will have a difficult time getting people to understand. Post your issue with health in the health forum where it will get more notice and probably more suggestions as well,although you will have to consider taking you pup back to the vet to find out what else is causing the issue,since the original treatment didn't help.

As suggested if your dog can walk and just doesn't feel the need because he knows you will cater to him,stop doing it. Also use a baby gate or shut the door to keep him from hiding under the bed if you can't tether him to you. As tempting as it is to carry and cuddle him,he needs to learn how to be a dog and do things that are necessary.
Your health also has to be considered,after surgery you will not be able to carry him as much. He will learn the things he needs to do if you let him. There is nothing wrong with him walking over to the food dish to eat and the water dish to drink. If you just stop bringing it to him he will catch on to the fact that he needs to fend for himself a bit and go get it. There is no crime in putting him on a leash and taking him out to go potty,allowing him to be constantly carried isn't going to do much for his health either,he needs to walk and exercise to gain muscle strength. We were not trying to make you feel bad or fell that we were not being helpful we were trying to help as were other posters. You need to calm down,relax a bit and get the vet to help you deal with the medical issue. The behavioral issues you can probably work on on your own but need to have the emotional strength to do what you have to do,to make Domino do what is best for him. I know how difficult and worrisome the period before surgery can be and I also tend to be more easily upset at that time myself because I am afraid of general anesthesia and it always seems that when I need surgery that is the only option I have,so I tend to get panicky until the surgery is over and I wake up.hugwishes with getting some control over your pups behavior before you have surgery and we will be hoping for the best for you before and after your surgery as well.meditatewishes
[notify]