GO!

Please Help Me!! Just Joined..Please Forgive...

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Domino

Domino-B&W-has a-

Barked: Sun Feb 12, '12 10:55am PST 
I just joined this site two minutes ago...I have a three year and two month old male Shih Tzu. Last week he was extremely constipated so I took him to a vet immediately and they shaved his rear and said it was due to fecal matter around his bum area. They sent me of with a cream to rub on his bum, no CONE and NO X RAYS! Since then I have only been able to give him only ice chips and (I read an old thread site earlier that said ..try canned pumpkin pie...so I did...And it started his movement going..and his pee.

I am looking at back surgery next month and I have been having to carry him all the way down and upstairs because he won't budge outside our upstairs.., although, he HAS been drinking water, eating raw steak, peeing lately and pooping. BUT, when I get him home, he just sits in the exact same spot where I put him and won't move!!! I have to bring the water and food over to him so he will eat and drink...And then he tries to attempt to stay the night and day under the bed!! If I leave him for 1 second he starts barking and wimpering until I come and see him and start loving him showingly...I love this little guy more than life..I could never have children..Do you think he is acting out on emotions????
[notify]
Domino

Domino-B&W-has a-

Barked: Sun Feb 12, '12 11:32am PST 
I AM SOOO CONFUSED...WHERE DO I GET ANSWERS????
[notify]
Domino

Domino-B&W-has a-

Barked: Sun Feb 12, '12 11:36am PST 
PLEASE HELP US!!! WE ARE NOT GETTING ANSWERS!!! ARE WE DOING SOMETHING WRONG???
[notify]

Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sun Feb 12, '12 11:44am PST 
not sure what your questions are here.
you say he doesnt walk at all?
but he is pooping now?
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sun Feb 12, '12 11:47am PST 
what is his poop like? hard and dry?

being bound up could make him not want to walk around.
I would maybe call an E vet in your area.
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sun Feb 12, '12 11:56am PST 
your page says you have been here 2 years
[notify]
Shiloh ITD

GIMME BACON!

Barked: Sun Feb 12, '12 2:03pm PST 
I'm not sure what your question is either….. thinking
[notify]
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Sun Feb 12, '12 2:41pm PST 
This might be better suited to the health forum where you might get more replies.

I'm sorry you're having problems with your little guy. Sounds like you need to head back to the vets and investigate further.
[notify]
Eponine

Love- unconditionally.

Barked: Mon Feb 13, '12 3:55am PST 
Domino, I'm sorry you are having trouble with your puppy.

The site is not operated by veterinarians or folks who can offer professional advice, we are all fellow dog lovers like you. Sometimes when you make a post, it takes a little while to get replies.

I think you may get a better response if you create a post in the Health forum. Try to clearly state what the problem and symptoms are. You'll get some good advice and support and I hope it will help soothe your fears about the situation. You might try asking for some good talking points to bring to your vet so they can help you understand the situation with your pup more fully.
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Feb 13, '12 4:16am PST 
Domino,
Firstly,you would want to give canned pumpkin,not the pie filling.
Secondlymeditatemeditate I know you are worried but for as many of us as there are here,and the fact that the site is 24/7/365 none of us are on all the time or are we aware of every new post.

Thirdly,you really need to consult your vet,they may not have felt that either the cone or x-rays was necessary at the time but may now,since the initial treatment didn't help as they thought it would.
You might want to consider crating your pup or tethering him to you to keep him out from under the bed "all the time"
You also seem to have more than one issue going on. The medical one,constipation. And additionally a behaviorial one with your pup refusing to move/walk and hiding. Perhaps if you try to post each problem in the section in belongs in you will get more answers but most of it as far as the medical issue will come back to seeing your vet and the behavioral one will be to consult a behaviorist in your area.

I know it is very difficult to be patient when your pup is not well and you have surgery planned but generally no problem is going to be solved instantly and as Eponine mentioned we are just a bunch of dog owners/lovers just like you and will not be able to solve your problems although we may be able to point you in the right direction.

Take Care,hughughug,wishes,and Good Luck with getting your problems solved and also with your own surgery. We wish you the best.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2