GO!

Little Dog Boredom

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Tank

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 7:45am PST 
I work from home 3 days a week and when I am home Tank is home with me. I cannot spend a lot of time playing as I am working but I do take short play breaks. He seems so bored and unhappy and I feel guilty. He just lays on his bed in my office looking at me or sleeping. When he goes to Doggy Day care on my away days he is lively active and loves to play with the other dogs. Any suggestions to make my work at home days more fun for him? He has lot of toys which are only of sporadic interest to him and only when I am throwing them so he can fetch. Any suggestions?
[notify]
Hershey

Bark it Loud &- Proud!

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 10:26am PST 
A female doggy friend! Dogs are pack animals and they love each others company. A male / female pairing is best for the least amount of territorial issues.
[notify]
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 11:03am PST 
I work from home a majority of the week as well and have had to figure out ways to keep Kitsune entertained while I get my work done.

Does your dog like food? Kitsune likes his kong, I always stuff it with different things and then freeze it so it takes him longer to get all the food out.

Another thing I do that he has fun with is I hide small pieces of treats all over the house for him to find. It's like a little scavenger hunt for him and he seems to have a lot of fun with it.

Also I make sure to set plenty of time aside in my schedule to spend playing with him and I always take a nice long walk with him in the morning before I start working. Walks, play (which it sounds like you do already), and training sessions before starting your work or during breaks can help keep your dogs mind and body active so they'll be more content to just relax while your working.

Try not to feel too guilty, a lot of dogs nap a lot during the day and I'd bet that even at day care he takes some breaks from playing to relax/nap.
[notify]

Tank

Barked: Tue Feb 14, '12 9:10am PST 
Thank you smile
[notify]