GO!

Any Shih Poo's here????

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Cookie

Barked: Sat Jun 4, '11 5:59am PST 
I am a 5 month old shih poo and I wonder how big I will get? Right now I weigh 5-6lbs.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Sat Jun 4, '11 7:27am PST 
It will depend on the size of the parents and which breed your dog takes after more.

Jewel's 8.6lbs.
[notify]
Tipper

The puppy on the- Stairs.

Barked: Sat Jun 4, '11 7:53am PST 
Whats kind of mix is a shi poo? I am thinking poodle and something? Your size will probably depend on the size of the poodle. If your parent is a standard poodle you will be a lot bigger then if your parent is a tea cup poodle.

You never really know what you will get with mixed breed dogs, but it is always wonderful.

Mutts, like us, rule.
[notify]

Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sat Jun 4, '11 7:59am PST 
A Shih-Poo is a Shih Tzu/Poodle mix. I had one as a foster- he weighed about 7-8lbs.
[notify]
Lexi Hope

Mamma\'s little- attitude girl

Barked: Sat Jun 4, '11 11:58am PST 
Don't know how big he'll get but he sure is DARLING!!!!!
[notify]
Cookie

Barked: Sat Jun 4, '11 6:39pm PST 
Thank you....I have no info on either parent so not sure what size he will end up? He is adorable but a little snippy with my kids frown
[notify]
Cocoa Loco

Fastest tongue- in the west

Barked: Sun Jun 5, '11 7:11am PST 
Thanks Sara, I can't imagine crossing a Shih Tzu with anything but a small poodle. I am thinking 10 pounds or under. For sure no bigger then 20 pounds at the most.

She is adorable.
[notify]
Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Sun Jun 5, '11 5:03pm PST 
He's adorable. He could end up anywhere from 8-15 lbs. There's no way to tell, Gunther weighs around 16lbs. and weighed the same as your pup at that age.

On a side note.. Shih Tzus and Poodles are not typically dogs for children. So the children should be heavily monitored around him. Smaller breeds like that are prone to getting nippy with boistrous children, as it's just in their nature to not tolerate rough handling, screaming etc. Don't let them near him while he's eating, make sure they don't play rough or hold him awkwardly. Shih Tzus and smaller Poodles don't typically make the most loving, tolerant dogs with children. I'm not saying all of them are like that, but it's certainly common for them to not be tolerant, so it isn't his fault.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Sun Jun 5, '11 5:28pm PST 
Gunther's right, shih-tzus and the smaller poodles weren't breed with children in mind. I've had my nephew here since Thursday and Jewel's polite to him when she can't avoid him. The only time she's happy to see him is when he's giving her treats! laugh out loud

On a side note Cookie looks more Shih-tzu than Jewel does so Cookie might weight more than Jewel's 8.6lbs.
[notify]
Molly

Barked: Sun Jun 5, '11 7:54pm PST 
I have an 11 year old Shih-Poo (Molly). She weighs 19 lbs. She is a registered therapy Dog ( Delta Society, Therapy Dogs, Inc., and AKC Canine Good Citizen). She visits local nursing homes; works at all of our hospitals and at Children's Hospital with the cancer kids. She is in a reading program at a local elem. school with the 3rd grade. She loves every one especially children and infants. She is also dog friendly.

She is a sweetie pie!!

Lew in Lexington, SC
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3