GO!

Car carriers/seats for small dog, help?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Snickers

The Wonder- Pooch!

Barked: Sat Apr 16, '11 9:32am PST 
Going on another road trip in a few weeks and looking for a better way for Snickers to travel, got any ideas? He is 8lbs and a little nervous during car travel, getting better though. On the last trip we took a huge dog crate in the minivan(placed right behind my seat), he did not throw-up but was panting and nervous most of the time. Yesterday was his first trip with no nerves, it was a short trip home from the groomers~in my lap! That can't be the norm!!!
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Mon Apr 18, '11 12:58pm PST 
Check out the Lookout model from Snoozer or the Fido Rido. They'll give him a bit of a boost to be able to look out the window. Maybe he'll feel better if he can see where he's going? Both offer accident rated harnesses to keep him safe.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Mon Apr 18, '11 3:33pm PST 
If he's nervous maybe you want to look into something to help him relax? My trainer sells Omega Alpha stuff that's all natural (Jewel takes the Joint stuff).

http://www.omegaalpha.ca/en/product/97/E_Z_Rest_trade/

Or something like that might help him relax for the ride if it's just mild nervousness.

Personally I just hold Jewel for car rides right now but I'm going to get her a seatbelt as soon as I get my own car. She's a rescue and has a fear of crates (which I'm working on) so I'm more limited.
[notify]

Snickers

The Wonder- Pooch!

Barked: Mon Apr 18, '11 4:07pm PST 
Oh I like that Fido Rido!Going to look into ordering that one I do believe.puppy
[notify]
Hazel Louise

Therapy Dog- Greatness!

Barked: Sat Apr 30, '11 5:36pm PST 
I have the lookout car seat for both my Cavaliers. They love them! When we go on long trips, they are in the back in their car seats sleeping (snoring lol) away! Well worth the price I paid for them!
[notify]
Daisy Mae

Cute? Yeah,- that's me.

Barked: Sun May 1, '11 6:43am PST 
I have this carrier for Daisy Mae:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcati d=22221

I have one of the bigger sizes because she is a pug and I knew she could get to be around 20 pounds or so. I like it because I can just tether her in it or I can zip her in it. It has a shoulder strap for carrying or to hook around the headrest. It also has loops in the back of it to buckle it in. I love versatility of it. Daisy Mae hates it because it means she can't touch me when I am driving and she a bit of a velcro dog.
[notify]