GO!

update on my cousins dog

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Morgana

THROW THE BALL- THROW THE BALL

Barked: Thu Mar 31, '11 8:01am PST 
lol she did get a cockatiel spelling is off but meh. She got a rare white headed one..... its head is supposedly white and the body is grey. AHHHH she also has a rabbit.... and fish. GRRRRRRRRRR.

While I was on the phone with her the bird was on her daughters head the whole time (90 mins or more). I dont know the size of cage she has for it but I am guessing not bigg enough. She does have its wings clipped (Which I disagree with because you can buy leads for them now and birds were ment to fly...) But I guess in her case the wings being clipped is good for now.

I wonder if I give her a pet ROCK if she would rehome the bird the fish and the rabbit..???? or a mechanical dog?? or one of those fish tanks that has fake fish in it!!!!!!!
[notify]
Holly - CGC TDI

Squirrel?- Squrirrel!- SQUIRRELLLLL!!!!

Barked: Thu Mar 31, '11 10:34am PST 
Bol! I'm not qualified to own fish or plants. My last fist I got when I was 7, and it died two months after I got it. My poor plants suffer every summer, I swear I try, but so far none of them have ever survived! I'm a plant killer... red face

Maybe a plastic fern for the dear cousin? Ornamental and can be ignored? laugh out loud
[notify]
Ziggy

Ziggy - Certified- cuddler

Barked: Thu Mar 31, '11 11:56am PST 
«I wonder if I give her a pet ROCK if she would rehome the bird the fish and the rabbit..???? or a mechanical dog?? or one of those fish tanks that has fake fish in it!!!!!!!»

-- laugh out loud Haha! You really got me going there, lmfao!
[notify]

Morgana

THROW THE BALL- THROW THE BALL

Barked: Thu Mar 31, '11 12:50pm PST 
Holly, I kill plants as well... I try not to I really do but they die despite everything I do
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Thu Mar 31, '11 3:38pm PST 
I abandoned a plant. It was healthy and had a previous owner. It's probably dead now.

When I was 12 I started a cichlid tank. I was using old equipment from a tropical fish tank my brother use to have. Cichlids are african fish and they have special needs. Keeping the water at the right ph level and salt level was challenging. I still think they are way easier than dogs. Sadly my heater failed and the glass tube fell off. My fish got fryed.
[notify]
Foxy

ultimate lap dog

Barked: Thu Mar 31, '11 10:19pm PST 
"toy" Australian Shepard

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL
[notify]
Sophia

Barked: Fri Apr 1, '11 9:09am PST 
I had an Amazon Parrot for 33 years. MT could sing all the Beatle songs and had a vocabulary of about 100 words. He loved baths, he loved toys and he loved attention. They have the SAME needs as any other animal for training and care and they become depressed if not interacted with routinely. A bird will pick it's feathers and rock back and forth if not attended to correctly. they have to have their wings and nails trimmed and their beaks sharped routinely.... Sadly Sophie hated a bird that could bark like she could. She banged on the cage until the lock came free and MT flew away. Silly me had him out on the porch with her and her wings had not been clipped timely. Hopefully MT is vacationing in Florida or some other warm place. I can not bare to think otherwise. If you run into a bird singing "I want to hold your HANNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD" get him and get with me.
[notify]
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Fri Apr 1, '11 5:55pm PST 
Well,next time tellher to donate money to a shelter or volunteer rather than get one for the house. Sad, that. Cockatiels aren't any better and they do bite!

Birds are a nasty business. Firstly, they're foreign to us because they are not mammals so learning to understand them is even more difficult, second, they are all wild creatures unless you go get a chicken. Some cities like mine let you keep hens but not roosters, and as an added bonus, there are breed clubs. Not so for cage birds.

Inlaws have a female ecclectus and a male quaker. The ecclectus is broody and won't stop laying so she's not a safe animal to try to take care of. It took me a whole week while I was housesitting of sweet talking and feeding and finally taking her eggs away so that she would be pleasant toward me. I know it was terrible for her too, because she's really stuck on dad inlaw, and is used to perching all over people she knows. The other loves me to death, but is unpredictable and has fits where he just starts biting. She is probably not going to do too well with that poor bird.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sun Apr 3, '11 6:53pm PST 
I knew this was your thread Morgana. Jesus, if she can't even take care of a pet, how is she taking care of her kids? frown Get her one of those potato heads with the grass hair and see if she'll remember to water it. I know how cousins can be. Most of my cousins don't have dogs, thank dog. I have one cousin in China who has a pom/x, but she takes really good care of him. smile
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2