GO!

update on my cousins dog

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Morgana

THROW THE BALL- THROW THE BALL

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 7:27am PST 
remember a while ago I wrote that my cousin would be getting a puppy. First it was a chihuahua then a morkie or something? Well its been rehomed because it wouldnt house break.... She bought a BIRD instead. She has a 1 year old and a 7 year old but now she has a BIRD.... so now I am worried about the bird.
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 4:50pm PST 
Was that the one that payed like a huge amount for it too.
You pretty much said she would get tired of it. I wonder how easy it is to rehome a bird.
[notify]
Holly - CGC TDI

Squirrel?- Squrirrel!- SQUIRRELLLLL!!!!

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 5:07pm PST 
You have my sympathy. Cousins can be horrible when it comes to dogs. Mine, 13, who has never worked for anything in her life, is a spoiled little brat, and couldn't care less about her family's GSD tells me she wants to get a Rottweiler. I smile and nod. I'm just waiting for her to do it. Then I can laugh and say "I told you so!"

Poor pup, I hope it's in a good home, poor bird, hopefully she'll rehome it someone who knows what they're doing. confused
[notify]

Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 5:40pm PST 
I hear you on that. One of my cousins bought a "toy" Australian Shepard from a pet store. Unlike miniature aussies, toy is not a variety that has legit registration or breed clubs. Pet stores are not places to buy a dog who was bred responsibly.

Of course the dog grew 3 times bigger than what the pet store said. I am not sure of how the dog is doing now, I bet house training was difficult.

It's a good idea to do your research on dogs before buying one. The only animals my cousin ever had was fish.
[notify]
Morgana

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 7:39pm PST 
I dont know how long she had this dog but she didnt have it long enough for it to be house broken.... Just makes me upset that she got a dog then rehomed it so fast because it wouldnt house break... and she gets a bird instead which no offence are DIRTIER then any dog
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 8:10pm PST 
I don't think a bird is just a pet you buy out of the blue either. They have to be kept at a certain temperature, they need to be fed more than just bird food, they need those wooden toys to chew on, they are noisy and need their cage cleaned every day. I think they like baths too.
[notify]
Halo

Howling good- times to be had- with me.

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 8:39pm PST 
Yes, but you don't have to train a bird to go outside, just change the paper daily. Birds are messier and usually noisier than a well trained dog but, they don't suffer if you don't train them so, a better choice it sounds like.
[notify]
Morgana

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 9:56pm PST 
Personally I dont think shes qualified to even have a fish.
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 11:10pm PST 
Dude, fish are a HUGE responsibility! I've fish and did extensive research on them beforehand and man does it take some time and effort! It's not as simple as filling up a bowl and plopping them in. You have to "cycle" the tank first, keep it at a certain temperature, get the right plants and stuff for the fish you're getting, NOT mix certain fish species... Fish are very complex and hard to care for.

I'm glad your cousin didn't get a dog but I feel bad for the bird. I had some birds and they can be hard to care for at times. I guess you could do a little reading on the type of bird and try to give some advice?
[notify]
Quentin- Flagg

King Q - king of clown- town

Barked: Thu Mar 31, '11 7:24am PST 
Ha!! She thought the dog was hard to deal with and she gets a bird?? In my experience, birds are way more high maintenance than dogs, and they are waaaaayyyy less rewarding. Loud, messy, annoying. I had a Cockatiel for a while and will not be doing that again, ever.

I hope that puppy ended up going to a good home with someone who is willing to take the time to train it.

Also, fish do require a lot of knowledge and maintenance is pretty high on them. It's like having your own personal science experiment to run a fish tank.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2