GO!

Indoor games to play with my dog?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Pebbles

Pebbles \'\'The- Expressive- Dog\'\'

Barked: Sun Feb 13, '11 12:10pm PST 
Hello there!
The weather here has been terrible for a while, so I'm afraid my poor dog is stuck in! In order to get her exercise, I train her and we tend to play ''Hide the toy'' in which I hide Pebble's toy and she(my dog) has to find. Then there's ''Treat hunt'' where I hide a yummy treat and Pebbles has to find it. We also play ''Hide and Seek'' and ''Chase me, chase you'' where I chase Pebbles, then she chases me until we are both exhausted. I've noticed that Pebbles is bored of all these games. Do you have any other fun indoor games to suggest?
[notify]
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Sun Feb 13, '11 1:13pm PST 
we play zoom zoom.

One of us goes to the bedroom, the other goes to the dining room, and then we call the dogs back and forth, really key them up so they run. We call "zoom zoom Foxxy" she understands that she's supposed to run.
[notify]
Rosey Belle- Stewart

Mommy, let\'s- Snuggle!

Barked: Sun Feb 13, '11 6:40pm PST 
Zoom Zoom sounds fun party
[notify]

❤ Sadie- ❤

Miss Sadie the- Trouble Maker

Barked: Sun Feb 13, '11 8:04pm PST 
One that iw just found out tonight that they like to do is chase a little pom pom on my slippers (which ended up them chewing it off) it was still attached to a long string so i would run around int he room with the little pom pom trailing behind and they LOVED it towards the end (when i was getting tiredlaugh out loud) i just sat on the ground and played with it by pulling it under my legs and having them tunnel under my legs to get it. THey absolutely loved it and we will be doing it in the future

I also like the zoom zoom foxxy mentioned. we kind of do that but it helps brush up their stay and come commands at the same time i go the the end of out hall and tell them to sit and wait then i slowly walk back and around the corner. from there, there is two rooms around the corner and i pick one and call them and it is so funny to see them coming running by to one of the rooms full speed go in one and realize im not there and turn around and speedily charge into the room to find melaugh out loud they have gotten to the point that they usually get the room right everytime when i call them
[notify]
Halo

Howling good- times to be had- with me.

Barked: Mon Feb 14, '11 11:37am PST 
Play hide and seek with them. First you need either a helper or a way to rig their crate so you can open it from a hiding place. Crate the dogs, go hide with a favorite treat. Release the dogs, call them once to get them going on the game, then wait for the happy dog to find Mommy with the yummy treats. (Bounce wag, wiggle, O boy, O boy I found Mommy, food and lots of fur rusting petting - yippee. Do it again.)
[notify]
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Mon Feb 14, '11 1:00pm PST 
I play fetch with Kit in the house. I just roll the ball on the floor instead of throwing it - we have a nice long hallway that's perfect for this! Also me and my fiance play a kind of keep away game where we will both sit on opposite sides of the floor and roll a tennis ball back and forth to each other, Kit runs around in the middle trying to intercept the ball.
[notify]
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Mon Feb 14, '11 5:36pm PST 
You can teach them the names of their toys. We're teaching taggert to pick out the correct toy from a lineup of toys. We just stated doing it, so he knows exactly one, which is a stuffed squirrel. We started by playing fetch and tug and calling the toy by name, then we would hide it and make him find it, and now WE can line up a ball, a girraffe, a squirrel, a rabbit, a fox, and a bone, and tell him "get the squirrel" and he will pick out the squirrel from his toy lineup. WE're going to move on to picking out his beanie baby dog toy edition fox next. It's totally fun to see the gears turning. YOu can tell they're thinking about it in their eyes.
[notify]
Halo

Howling good- times to be had- with me.

Barked: Tue Feb 15, '11 10:51am PST 
Good Taggert. Halo only knows rope and bone so far but, yes they can do 5-10 different things. Hint, remote and keys are good things to teach them, then they can find what you lose smile
[notify]
Holly Belle

I dream of- Doolin Kingsley

Barked: Tue Feb 15, '11 10:23pm PST 
I play fetch with Holly Belle in my apartment, every single day. I throw toys, I kick toys, I have her "catch" toys. I tell her to find it, bring it, drop it, and play tug-o-war. I tell her "jump up" and "jump down" on sofas and chairs. I have her go through all her tricks for tiny pieces of treat. And I teach her new tricks. When it's been raining, I take her out to pet stores for a walk, and to parking structures, to the highest level where there are hardly any cars, for her to run off leash after a ball or other toy. If a car happens to come to our area, I jump out in front of it waving my arms until they see that I have a dog off leash. They either drive slowly until they're past us, or I get Holly back on lead until they're gone. Rains started tonight. We'll be doing this again for the rest of the week. dancing
[notify]
Rocky

If you don't- claim it, it's- mine!

Barked: Wed Feb 16, '11 7:28am PST 
fetch with a toy or Rocky especially loves water bottles. If they are the sturdier ones like dasani of the splash juice ones even better because they are harder to chew threw. I sit at the top of the stairs and toss it down. Rocky will fetch atleast a dozen times before he tires out, when he does I put so treats inside and cose it up. he is very good at opening the tops. I also do about 15-20 miniues of training per day and use shredded mozzarella cheese. I always look online and pick a trick for the week as our goal. We play tug of war and he loves soccer balls. I also do brushing with a zoom brush, he absolutely loves the massages and will stand still or roll over for a tummy one. Stuffed kongs are great entertainment too. I just put his food in it and either, cream cheese, peanut butter and or mix some baby jar food suh as chicken and gravy, or some fruit or vegetable type in with it and freeze. I hide the kongs around the house too.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2