GO!

Anyone want to guess at what breeds I might be?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Evita

Barked: Sun Jan 30, '11 8:02pm PST 
The shelter that I adopted Evita from had her listed as a chihuahua mix. I see possibly Italian Greyhound or Jack Russell in her as well (maybe?), but I am certainly not an expert, so my guess is just that. I know there are DNA tests out there, but I've heard they're not always reliable, and it doesn't really matter to me anyway, I'm just curious smile
Also, she's underweight (she's only 5 lbs at the moment), and she's about 10 inches long (shoulder to tail) and 9-ish inches tall(shoulder to floor, although she's probably taller, but it's hard to tell because she sorta squats). Her posture is a little funky due to a luxated patella. Oh, and her vet estimates her being between 1 1/2-2 years old.
Sorry for the novel, but we're new here, and I'm just trying to get insight smile
[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Sun Jan 30, '11 8:13pm PST 
chi/rat terrier maybe?
[notify]
Rocky

If you don't- claim it, it's- mine!

Barked: Wed Feb 2, '11 1:14pm PST 
She looks most defenitely to be a chi/ jack russel mix if you look under my pictures I have a picture of my friends pup that looks just the same.
[notify]

Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Wed Feb 2, '11 3:01pm PST 
it's really anyone's guess short of a blood test. Blood tests for breed usually run between $100-200 where I am at. The problem with mixes is that they can inherit any trait from any parent, and with dogs there can definately be more than one father involved depending on the circumstance.

At 10 long and 9 tall and as skinny as he looks, I'd say probably chihuahua/papillion cross, but it could very easily be a chi/rat terrier, maybe a papillion/rat terrier. It doesn't really have to look of an IGgy to me.

Anyways, Thank you so much for adopting him!cloud 9 He looks all stressed and worried in his pictures. You'll have to get pics of him when he's feeling more settled in. Hopefully his LP surgeries go fine. Is your doc going to do them both at once?
[notify]
Ellie

Did I hear- WALK?!?!

Barked: Wed Feb 2, '11 3:30pm PST 
I'd say Chihuahua/Rat Terrier! Thanks for adopting! puppy
[notify]
Bailey

Barked: Wed Feb 2, '11 3:46pm PST 
Chihuahua and Rat terrier. wave
[notify]
Evita

Barked: Thu Feb 3, '11 8:30pm PST 
Thanks for all the input! big grin She's doing much better and acting much happier now that she's feeling well and eating! And definitely seems to have a terrier personality wink Such a sweetie though

And as far as her surgery, the vet said that we'll probably start with the leg that she's favoring, and do the other later if it appears necessary, but she's referring me to an ortho, so that may change.
[notify]
Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Fri Feb 4, '11 5:02pm PST 
Smooth Fox Terrier might also be a possibility in the "mix." Whatever it is, the results (Evita) are ADORABLY CUTE!!!

If she's underweight, consideer feeding her a puppy food/formula for awhile, or mix puppy with adult.
[notify]
Jujubee

Extremely- Squirmy Escape- Artist

Barked: Tue Feb 8, '11 9:50am PST 
looks to me like a chi/rat terrier wave
[notify]
Gunther

Muffin Lips.

Barked: Tue Feb 8, '11 1:17pm PST 
Hey, I see some Italian Greyhound in there too. Those legs are LONG! big grin
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)