GO!

My cousin is getting a Chihuahua help

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 37)  
1  2  3  4  
Donovan'sMajesticJet of Solace

Street sweeper!

Barked: Sat Jan 22, '11 6:00pm PST 
Thanks, boys! You are cuties as well.
[notify]
Lolli

Barked: Mon Jan 24, '11 6:37am PST 
man, this whole topic about inexperienced dog owners reminds me of a guy i knew a while back.
he lived with his sister on our military base, and they had a teeny tiny little yorkie named roscoe.
roscoe lived in a small, random room that connected the kitchen and the laundry room.
he was kept in said room with baby gates, and never--i repeat--NEVER allowed out.
he's never been on a walk, never met another dog, never been potty trained, never been payed attention to.
they let him pee and poop in this room without any puppy pads or anything, it was GROSS!!!
and when they let him in the living room, he's sooooo sweet and loving but i could hardly stand having him near me because he smelled like he'd been marinated in pee.

i just don't understand some dog owners -___-
this case in particular had me floored with how much they claimed to be loving dog people, and yet the conditions roscoe was kept in were just unsanitary and inhumane.

no offence, this cousin of yours sounds pretty nuts, too!
$2500 for a backyard-bred chihuahua?
i thought $1200 for my pet-store puppy was outrageous;
but why would she even agree to that!?
i agree with everyone else, getting her a book on chihuahua care sounds like an excellent idea!
hopefully she'll pay attention to what it says 0_o
[notify]
Yo-Yo

~

Barked: Mon Jan 24, '11 6:16pm PST 
Wow. That's a heart stopper and a jaw dropper right there. $2,500 is way to much to pay for anydog. Seriously. I wouldn't pay that much for one unless it was like EXTREMELY rare and I'd have the time and even more money making it worth something.

The dog isn't even papered?! Oh my gosh. Outrageous. shock I can't even put my mind do it. I'm not going to lie or I'm not trying to even be rude but I don't think she needs a Chihuahua if she can't even spell it right. shock

Does your cousin have kids? If so I don't think a Chihuahua is the right type of dog if this is her first time owning one. They can tend to be a little nippy. She also best read up a lot on the breed or she could have a dead hamster or ect..

Feeding it Beneful? OML. That's so yucky. I'd try to point her in the right direction of getting her to feed actual decent food.
[notify]

Street sweeper!

Barked: Mon Jan 24, '11 6:51pm PST 
Hes a "purebred" and comes from a BYB? Isnt that an oximoron? I saw a chi puppy, yesterday. It was so cute
My experience with my breeder was excellent and would do it again, if there werent so many pound pups.

Edited by author Mon Jan 24, '11 6:53pm PST

[notify]

Street sweeper!

Barked: Mon Jan 24, '11 6:59pm PST 
Lilith, that was a dumb thing for me to say. I always had big dogs, I meant I wouldnt pay that much for a small dog.
Yo-Yo, I have heard of some germanlines of GSD'S costing as much as $10,000.00

Edited by author Mon Jan 24, '11 7:01pm PST

[notify]
Yo-Yo

~

Barked: Tue Jan 25, '11 6:58pm PST 
Well, whenever I get my GSD it's coming from Germany or even just find a German lined GOOD breeder in the U.S. but I'm not going to pay no 10,000. I mean, if I got one from Germany I'd pay around $1,000 at the most first of shipping then just the price of the dogs.

I don't think no dog should be that much. C'mon now, if the dam and shire was Champions I still don't think I would even pay half of that. :| YOU never know if a pup is going to come out as good at the dam or shire.. That's about how much I'd pay just training my dogs, shots, microchiptattoo, ect.. shock

Seeing that ammount really made my heart stop. No joke.
[notify]

Street sweeper!

Barked: Thu Jan 27, '11 6:23am PST 
Yo-Yo, just to be clear, I wasnt validating the cost of the GSD for that much, just saying they are out there.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 37)  
1  2  3  4