GO!

Help! Can't sleep alone through the night

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Angel Torres

Barked: Sun Jan 16, '11 8:07am PST 
Hi, I have a pomeranian/tshi tsu mix, she is 17 mo. old and we are having a hard time getting her to sleep in the living room by herself, and she won't sleep in her own bed in our room, she wants to sleep with us on our bed - she is small but a bed hog-- let alone not doing our married life very much good being in our bed lol - she cries and jumps up and down at the gate all night takes one break and back to jumping and whining any one got any ideas? Marriage in jeapordy!!
[notify]
The Hounds- of- Bassetville- +3

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Sun Jan 16, '11 10:38am PST 
Have you tried crating her at night? Most dogs, once they become accustomed to their crates, actually begin to LIKE going into their crates at night. Each of my dogs is crate trained and every one except for Gracie (and sometimes Precious) is crated at night. You could keep her crate in your room or in a spot in the living room.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sun Jan 16, '11 12:20pm PST 
Definately crate her. She will be fine. Leave a couple of her favorite toys in the crate with her. Leave on a nightlight for her. She will cry for a bit but will settle down after a while. Do no give in. Everytime you do you reinforce her crying to mean that you will come to her.
[notify]

The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Sun Jan 16, '11 4:19pm PST 
sorry I can't help you I usually have 3 poms in my bed and sometimes the pug/poodle too.big laughbig laughbig laugh
We either put up with their staring or kick them out of the room.big laughbig laughbig laugh
[notify]
Rocky

If you don't- claim it, it's- mine!

Barked: Mon Jan 17, '11 12:45pm PST 
Well you won't get much sleep for a night or two but tough love is the best way. To start with, crate her in your room make sure it's cozy and covered and her bed is in there and let her bark away until she gives up. She will eventually go to sleep. Keep some migraine meds on hand for people use but trust it will be worth it in the long run. She might bark for a very long time since it sound like the tolerance has already built so she will try to hold out as long as she can. After you have this down you can try moving the crate further away until you get it to where you want it. She'll let oyu know if you are going too fast too soon lol.
[notify]