GO!

Anyone in Louisiana?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Jack

Barked: Fri Jan 14, '11 9:09am PST 
if you live in Louisiana, love little dogs, and are capable of caring for another, I beg you to check out the babies at Humane Society of West Louisiana. There are some dogs there that constantly get passed over. There is nothing wrong with them, they just don't "compete" with the younger, cuter ones. I've always been fond of the less adoptable because I understand them better.
My situation doesn't allow me to have any dogs though, so I try my hardest to find others that allowed and can properly care for them. If by chance I do find someone here that fits , I ask that you check out Crosby, a blonde terrier/schnauzer mix and the tiny female black/tan chihauha mix.
These two need understanding, adult homes. They've been at the shelter so long their social skills need refining. That said, they are the two sweetest dogs at the shelter once they trust you. For these guys, I'd suggest a few trips to the shelter, if possible to let them get to know you in their own terms.
If these two don't pull you heartstrings, there are plenty of others in need. Please don't buy while shelter pets die. The Humane Society of West Louisiana is located in Deridder, LA. They are on www.petfinder.com
[notify]