GO!

Do small dogs actually need booties for the snow?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3  
SassySue

The devil made- me do it!

Barked: Tue Jan 25, '11 5:56pm PST 
We live in Massachusetts. We don't wear boots and do play in the snow. BUT...if we walk on the road our feet get rinsed in warm water when we go home. And we use paw wax to protect our pads. Most of the time our feet are fine. But if the temperature is very low (like under 10 degrees) then the frigid snow HURTS our paws and we don't like it. So on those days we go out to do business and come right back inside to drive Mummy crazy with our blitzing about!
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Wed Jan 26, '11 8:12pm PST 
Around here all dogs could benefit from boots. Not because of the cold/snow but because of the salt and chemical ice melters! The city uses tons of salt, plus a lot of people use chemical ice melters which can cause burns on dogs' feet or be toxic if they lick it off their feet. I've taken my dogs outside before where they start limping within 5 minutes of walking due to the pain of the ice melter. I use Pawz booties to protect Bianca's feet.
[notify]
McLovin'

Feet!!!

Barked: Thu Jan 27, '11 12:15pm PST 
The only time my dogs use shoes is if they go on a walk or they start not wanting to walk on the snow because their paws hurt. Many long haired or thick coated dogs don't need shoes. I recommend shoes for if you take your dog around town because of the salt melt otherwise if they lick there paws the salt on there paws will make them sick.
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3