GO!

What's wrong with this picture?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sun Jan 9, '11 6:57pm PST 
I doubt the dog lives out side, he would probably be dead.

The person who posted the add probably does not have a fenced in yard. They probably tie the dog out so he does not run away when let out side to go potty.
[notify]
Momma's- Girls

Little Monsters

Barked: Sun Jan 9, '11 9:11pm PST 
They are at least finding the dog a new home, that's probably a good thing. I think the collar's not the only problem there, the snow and thick chain. It looks sad.
My girls wear collars 24/7 and for walking I put their harnesses on because Mini's a puller and I like that I can pick up Kiki by the harness if I need to. If Mini didnt pull I wouldnt care if she was walked on a collar but as she always pulls in the beginning of our walks, (yes of course I have tried and am always trying to curb this bad habit red facewinklaugh out loud ), she gets the harness every walk.

Does anyone else feel like kijiji's just a bulletin board for puppy mills? I am sure it's not all bad but there's SO MANY "designer breed" and "teacup" puppies on there it's enough to make me sick. So many people unknowingly buy puppies on there and have no clue what's behind the scenes. thinkingcry

Good luck to the little snow chi, keep us posted hug
[notify]
Ginger- M.I.A.

my first and- finest

Barked: Wed Jan 12, '11 1:29pm PST 
yeah, I think the only reason Kijiji exists is because Craigslist prohibits selling pets. Everything else they do you can also do on CL, and is therefore deserted on Kijiji. But the pet section... oh boy!

I look through my local one pretty often, I shouldn't because it makes me mad... SO many Chis, Yorkies, Poms, and other toy breeds, ALWAYS from BYBs (not so much puppy mills, I notice... the really high-volume places tend to sell from their own websites or to petstore brokers.) Mostly just dummies who breed Fido to Fifi (and sometimes also to Fanny and Fluffy). LOTS of stupid spelling mistakes and misrepresentation. "Get a Chiwawa for your kids to play with!" (Fail. frown )

Also LOTS of German Shepherds in my area. Hardly any other large breeds on kijiji, it makes me wonder.
[notify]

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Jan 12, '11 1:36pm PST 
Wait, so small breeds NEED a harness?
I have one for Treader, but only because he is a puller and is constantly choking himself on walks. He'll cough and sputter the whole time, yet he doesn't quit pulling. Still seems to be able to breath, though. (And training him out of it is hard, plus this is one area I am pretty lazy on, the walks.)

Anyways, I hope that Chihuahua isn't out in the snow with no way to keep warm for long periods of time as that chain is suggesting...maybe he at least has shelter nearby that isn't in the picture...I hope.

ETA:
You know, I don't think I could stand Kijiji if it has that many puppy ads, unless I avoided that section. Kinda makes me glad I don't have an account on there.

BYBs and puppy mills really bother me, as strongly as I have come to feel about respecting people and realizing BYBers, in most cases simply do not know better or see reason to learn better because "we've always done it this way".

Edited by author Wed Jan 12, '11 1:47pm PST

[notify]
Ginger- M.I.A.

my first and- finest

Barked: Wed Jan 12, '11 2:46pm PST 
you don't need an account for kijiji like you do for ebay (actually you don't need one just to look at ebay either, just for buying and selling.) Kijiji is a free public site like craigslist.
[notify]
Maxwell Smart

The dog park toy- thief!

Barked: Wed Jan 12, '11 10:16pm PST 
I don't think ALL small dogs require a harness, but some dogs who have added risk of damaging their trachea or who have neck and throat problems associated with their breed would probably benefit from the use of a harness. I use a collar for Max. I like the idea of a collar more than a harness. I want him to learn not to pull, not give him a way to pull with his entire body. It has taken a little while, but he is finally starting to learn!

I don't like to see people who are too lazy to properly train their dogs not to pull so they just pop them in a harness with an extendible leash...there are about 5 dogs in my building with owners like that.

Anyways, I feel bad for that puppy, but we have to remember we don't know the whole story. Yes, it probably shouldn't be on a chain that weighs more than it does LOL

Edited by author Wed Jan 12, '11 10:17pm PST

[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Thu Jan 13, '11 9:39am PST 
Wow, I found another winner locally. Wants to trade his 9 week old AKC Lab Christmas puppy for a salt and pepper Schnauzer or hunting Springer Spaniel. Apparently he doesn't realize Labs are also hunting dogs. His big selling point was that her parents were huge and she'd make a good breeder.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2