GO!

Small Dogs Playing With Big Dog

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3  
Bella

Barked: Mon Dec 20, '10 8:20pm PST 
I'm overly cautious when my frail Italian Greyhound is playing with larger dogs > of course she can out run them but, one playful swat from a 50+ bl dog could break her rib, leg or even her back.
Not all small dogs are created equal!
[notify]
Lucky James- Wiggins

a dog loves u- more than he- loves himself

Barked: Mon Dec 20, '10 10:13pm PST 
Introduce them slowly and see how things go. I have a 14 pound Westie, Lucky and a 110 pound Dogo Argentino, Jax and they play perfect together. Jax knows his strength and knows how to play with him so he isn't hurting him. On several ocassions I have found Jax laying on his back and Lucky sitting on his stomach.
[notify]
Izzy Bear

Your only as- small as you- think you are

Barked: Mon Dec 27, '10 10:27pm PST 
I believe it comes down to each individual dog and the other possible playmate. I think Thats why there are so many fights at dog parks. Lots of dogs are good with certain pups but many also have those certain characteristics that push their buttons. For example the OP doesn't like intact males. It should be set on a case by case basis. I think that is true with all dogs, small, big, old, young ect. But in regards to this situation, I feel bad that she doesn't want her dogs to play with yours but it is an understandable decision. I do hope that you find some really good puppy pals to play with though!
[notify]

Tucker

Tucker the- Wonder Dog

Barked: Tue Dec 28, '10 7:25am PST 
Tucker is around 70lbs and he is the only dog my mom lets her very delicate 4lb chihuahua play with and both my sisters have small dogs. The difference between Tucker and my sister's dogs is the fact that Tucker knows how to play with her and they are completely crazy. (Both are pretty young still) lol If it was my small dog I would just see how things went and go from there. Have you asked them if you could try it out and let them know that the first time you see your dog misbehaving you will jump in a remove him from the situation?
[notify]
Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Wed Dec 29, '10 7:59am PST 
Rufios best friend is a big 100 lb lab, he mimicks every single one of his moves it's really cute. He prefers bigger dogs to play with but I wouldn't let him play with big dogs that I don't know.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3