GO!

Give it your best guess...

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Dublin Rose- O'Belle

Sugar Baby!

Barked: Mon Nov 29, '10 1:27pm PST 
What is my girl Dubs? We guessed Papillon/JRT, but she has shepherd instincts (could she have learned them from Samoa?)

She has a silky coat but it grows long and dense in the winter and she has no problem with the cold.

Most breeds she resembles (Corgi, Sheltie) have pointy snouts and hers is square and short.

So what is YOUR best guess?

Dubs...

(oh, she weighs about 30 lbs, but is very compact.)

Edited by author Mon Nov 29, '10 1:29pm PST

[notify]
Brutus

Tennis ball,- tennis ball,- tennis ball...

Barked: Mon Nov 29, '10 1:54pm PST 
What a cutie! Its sure hard to tell the breed. thinking I can totally see some Papillion, and her body shape is similar to a Corgi. I don't see a whole lot of Jack Russell, but maybe some?

Sorry I am not a lot of help! She is adorable though big grin

Edited by author Mon Nov 29, '10 1:54pm PST

[notify]
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Mon Nov 29, '10 2:33pm PST 
Her face reminds me a lot of my Kit, who is a purebred Papillon. Especially the colors and with the fluffyness she has around her ears. Kit's fur is a lot longer though, and papillons are usually mostly white with some areas of other color.

Her tail looks a bit Papillon-ish too. Does she ever carry it curled over her back?

Does she have a double or a single coat?

Her ears don't look completely papillon to me...I can't really describe why though. Kit carries his ears differently than Dubs does, I think. Or maybe it's that Kits are spaced further apart, and more rounded at the base? I can't really place it, but her ears look off to me.

30 lbs would be really really big for a papillon...Kit is biiig for a papillon but he's still only half Dubs size. Normally they are around 10lbs or under. Her body looks longer than Kit's too - more corgi-ish.

Why do you think Jack Russel? My sister has a Jack Russel and they stay pretty small too. Not as small as papillons, but Wiki says between 14 - 18 lbs. They have short, kind of coarse hair too. At least that's how I'd describe it compared to my dog.

What's her personality like??

Corgi's I believe where originally bred to herd sheep, and I think they are normally around 30 lbs. I'm not very good at this stuff, but I would maybe guess Corgi/Papillon mix? She kind of looks like she has the body of a Corgi, with the face and tail that remind me of a papillon.

Whatever she is, she's adorable!!

Edited by author Mon Nov 29, '10 2:38pm PST

[notify]

Fred

Seriously, just- leave me alone.

Barked: Mon Nov 29, '10 4:07pm PST 
I agree that there's some Corgi in there. Her body shape, plus the herding instincts fit. I don't know Papillon's as well, so I'll bow to the greater experience of the previous posters. smile
[notify]
Tika

Little Fox

Barked: Mon Nov 29, '10 7:32pm PST 
I definitely see Corgi, but beyond that it's hard to say. Papillon is a possibility.
[notify]
Dublin Rose- O'Belle

Sugar Baby!

Barked: Tue Nov 30, '10 6:17am PST 
I guessed JRT because of her extreme energy level and ability to jump 5 feet in the air. A trainer when she was a puppy said - "she is part corgi" but her face and coat don't seem like one. And she is not stocky like that, but lean and muscular. Her tail does not curve at all, it has a funny up and down structure.

So, maybe Corgi / Pap? I'll go check some of those out and see if we find a match...
[notify]
Dublin Rose- O'Belle

Sugar Baby!

Barked: Tue Nov 30, '10 12:47pm PST 
Sort of a sub question...I have not seen the purpose in getting a DNA test, because I hear so many odd results. Does anybody think this is worthwhile?
[notify]
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Tue Nov 30, '10 2:26pm PST 
If she is part papillon, I'd guess her energy level could come from that! Kit we know is a purebred papillon, and he's really hyper. His energy level is defiantly right up there with, maybe even past, a lot of the JRT's we've met.

If she was a corgi mix - she wouldn't necessarily look exactly like a corgi. Whatever else she's mixed with could have altered the look of her coat, face, and build. If she's Corgi/Papillon, maybe the Papillon genes are what caused her to be more lean and her coat texture.
[notify]
Chloe- ♥

Captain- Chloe-Captain of- the Water Park

Barked: Tue Nov 30, '10 2:43pm PST 
I'd say a papillion or an exotic colored poodle. Your vet is sure to know and if you got Dubs from a breeder then look at the papers and that will tell you. If you got her from an animal shelter then ask either a person who worked there when you got the dog or look on PetFinder in case she's still on there. I think that your predictions are mostly right though.
[notify]
Boston

King of- everything

Barked: Tue Nov 30, '10 5:53pm PST 
Looks to be some papillon in there and the high energy could come from the pap as they can be high energy both mine are. Other then that I am not sure I can see some corgi that could be possible to.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3