GO!

Small Dogs Eating Raw

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Gage

Just Your- Average Mutt

Barked: Thu Nov 25, '10 12:21am PST 
Can small dogs eat raw food without any health problems? Gage isn't really small (he is 26 lbs) and I am trying to switch to Primal Pet raw food. I know a lot of big dogs eat raw, and I'm not worried about my other two dogs, who are big, but I don't know if Gage would be okay eating it. I guess I tend to baby him because he is the smallest, but I'm just worried. They are currently eating Science Diet, but I have researched that it isn't the best food to feed and I want to switch to something better.
[notify]
Fiona

Farting Queen

Barked: Thu Nov 25, '10 3:44am PST 
Dogs are dogs, big or small. smile

I feed my Boston Terrier, Bichon Frise/Mini. Poodle and German Shepherd raw and they're all doing great. I know there are a few chihuahuas on here that are raw fed and doing great. And you don't usually have to worry about a meaty bone being too small either. What may be too small for my shepherd to consume may be perfect size for my Boston.

You should hop on over to the Raw Diet section and take a look for yourself. Raw isn't just for the big kids.
[notify]
Lucy

Barked: Tue Dec 7, '10 4:42am PST 
My three little'uns all eat raw, we have only recently converted but so far no problems!

They eat mince (hamburger) liver, chicken wings & chicken drumsticks.

My smallest is Lucy who weighs 5.1kgs (not sure what that is in pounds!) & I do have to chop her chicken wings into 3 & she cant quite manage the drumsticks but she eats everything else normaly!

I have ordered pre-made raw which will be coming friday, then I will be feeding this alongside the chicken wings.
[notify]

Cooper

Coopiepoo!!!

Barked: Tue Dec 7, '10 5:06am PST 
Cooper (14lbs) and Fynny (11lbs) eat raw, as well as our adult Lab and Lab puppy.

Just make sure you're educated on it so you're feeding to your proper nutritional ratios. There is a wonderful thread for information and spreadsheet to help you calculate totals in the raw forum. I highly advise anyone just getting started with raw study that thread and all the links in it thoroughly. It's easy once you get going, but there's a lot that goes into just starting.

I personally don't feed pre-packaged raw...to me it's a form of processing I don't feel comfortable with and I don't care for the price tag either.
[notify]
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Tue Dec 7, '10 7:52am PST 
7lbs and 10lbs rawbies here. wave
[notify]
Sasha

Miss Diva to- you!!

Barked: Tue Dec 7, '10 8:05am PST 
15lbs & 18lbs Rawbies here blue dog
It has done amazing things for Sasha blue dog
[notify]
Murphy

Smurph Man

Barked: Tue Dec 7, '10 9:13am PST 
10 pound pup on raw big laughwavehug
[notify]
Zoey, Shellie & Griffin

Natural & Loving- it!

Barked: Tue Dec 7, '10 9:19am PST 
I have two 4# raw fed littles here smile No problems whatsoever with them eating it either.
[notify]
Stella

Teacup- chupacabra

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 6:35pm PST 
Stella weighs just under 13lbs and has been rawfed since she was a little bitty puppy. She has NO problems whatsoever, even though she never developed most of her adult teeth and only has a few molars to chew with. I also have a 9 year old 10lb foster miniature dachsund who is eating partial raw and doing great, even though his teeth aren't that awesome due to a life of kibble and no desire to chew things.
[notify]
Brittany

Hello. Allow me- to introduce- myself...

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 6:43pm PST 
Britt at 15 (and needing to be at 14) loves her raw. cloud 9 She was suspicious at first, but now it is her favorite part of the day (she has never loved eating so much).
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3