GO!

Jumping Puppies!

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Dublin Rose- O'Belle

Sugar Baby!

Barked: Mon Nov 1, '10 7:28am PST 
I know that JRT's are known for their athletic ability and jumping talent. My little Dubs may be part JRT, and she does seem to have that jumping thing down.

Yesterday she jumped as high as my shoulder and nipped me while excited about something. I am 5'6".

Are there other smallish dogs that are made out of springs?
[notify]
Luka

Barked: Tue Nov 16, '10 3:12pm PST 
Before Luka broke her leg, she could jump from the ground onto my roommate's queen size bed (easily 4 feet off the ground) from a stand still.

..she, at the time, was 7 lbs.
[notify]
Lilly

Barked: Tue Nov 16, '10 5:13pm PST 
Lilly weighs around 12lbs and can jump into my arms when standing in front of me!
[notify]

Dublin Rose- O'Belle

Sugar Baby!

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 6:24am PST 
When I first got Dubs (from the local humane) my guess was that she and the rest of her litter were some sort of shepherd mix. Aussie or heeler or sheltie. Her vet listed her as a sheltie mix. She has been described as a corgi mix and we finally settled on JRT/Papillon because her head looks like a Pap, and she is a jumping bean and very active and strongly built like a JRT. But unlike most of those breeds her overall color is sort of a caramel tan.

SO...this is to say I forgot the jumping ability of some of the herding breeds. She has shortish legs - but could still have some herder in her...or pretty much anything else, I guess.

Not doing Wisdom panel because I have seen such mixed results from it reported here. I guess she will be my little mystery pup!
[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 7:39am PST 
My grandma used to have a JRT who would jump up to the doorknob and touch with his nose when he wanted out. It was cute to watch.
If memory serves he would also jump up in front of people's face, too, (or at least mine, I was 10 at the time) but that bit of my memory is a little fuzzy so maybe not.

Edited by author Wed Nov 17, '10 7:41am PST

[notify]
Bella

I'm big in- Japan.

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 9:12am PST 
Bella can do a jump from a sitting position onto our counter.
It's amazing how "cat-like" Shibas really are.
[notify]
Dublin Rose- O'Belle

Sugar Baby!

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 9:18am PST 
I love Shibas! I am pretty sure Dubs has none of that breed, though she also looks like a fox. But she has that black mask and I don't think Shibas do, plus she is VERY velcro. Not cat like at all in that way.
[notify]
Paris

support the- rabid

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 12:43pm PST 
OMD yes!! I'm convinced Paris is part pogo stick! She'll spring up to chest height on me (I'm 5'1) from a sit.
[notify]
Bella

I'm big in- Japan.

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 1:03pm PST 
Dubs, you are still cute!

Velcro definitely does not describe Bella. She is happy to see you when she gets home, and then she wants to go do her thing. If she comes and sits next to me on the sofa (but not close enough to touch me), I feel loved!
[notify]
Gabrielle

Stop! You little- fart-nugget!

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 5:30pm PST 
Gabby can flatfoot it so high that I worry about her going over the 42" fence! laugh out loud
[notify]