GO!

Cute tricks!

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Winnie Mae

Just let me jump- it!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 11:27am PST 
Hi all!

I am beginning to teach Winnie different tricks, and thought I'd start a thread where all the dogs can share their fun tricks!

I just taught Winnie "NightNight", which means to lay down with her head resting on her front paws. Then when I exclaim "Wake Up!" she leaps up all happy and alert again!

So what are your best tricks? (I need ideas, lol!)
[notify]
Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 11:41am PST 
Aww that's so cute! how did you teach her that?
[notify]
Winnie Mae

Just let me jump- it!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 12:53pm PST 
Well I noticed her setting her head down on her paws, and thought it would make a cute trick! So I put her in a down/stay, and waited for her to set her head down. As soon as she did, I clicked/treated. It didn't take long after that for her to associate "NightNight" with treatslaugh out loud
[notify]

Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 1:27pm PST 
I've been trying to teach Jewel a "put your head down" command, my old dog did it. laugh out loud
Jewel does "roll over" and "sit pretty". I'd like trick ideas for when she's visiting the nursing home, they seems to like the two tricks she does have. I was thinking of teaching her crawl or wave. No idea how to teach wave though. thinking
[notify]
Winnie Mae

Just let me jump- it!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 2:04pm PST 
Crawl is what I want to teach next!

My brothers call it 'war man crawl' big grin
[notify]
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 3:21pm PST 
Missy can skateboard!

She's not as good as that skateboarding Bulldog video on youtube but she does a fair job of it. laugh out loud

I've wanted to teach her the "head down" command to but i can never capture it and she has no idea what i want of her if i try and persuade her into the position.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 3:43pm PST 
I need to start using my clicker more. Jewel caught on to "stand" waaaay faster when I used the clicker.
I use "head down" while I'm grooming her and just gently pushed her head down and she keeps it down so now I want to get her to do it on command without a touch.
She does a stretch/crawl thing on her own so I'm pretty sure that with the clicker I'll be able to teach her the command.
[notify]
Winnie Mae

Just let me jump- it!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 4:26pm PST 
Clickers are awesome laugh out loud

I forgot how useful they really are! I had given my clicker to a friend in need, and so was clicker-less for several months, and now that I have one again, I'm remembering how easy it is to use!
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 6:14pm PST 
Here's Bailey's do yoga trick. I captured his morning stretching routine. This isn't as elaborate as he does it most of the time, but it's what he did when I had the camera out.

His latest trick is backing up. OMD does he look cute doing it!
[notify]
SassySue

The devil made- me do it!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 6:24pm PST 
I have 2 bichons and love to teach them "duets". So they do spins and dance together perfectly. If I were a dancer, it would be fun to do some with the two of them. At least we have our little performances for our visits to the nursing homes. People are amazed to see them perform together.

Edited by author Wed Oct 27, '10 6:24pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4