GO!

Harnesses and tags

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 8:30am PST 
Hey minis wave

To those that wear harness, do you put the dog tags on it? I was thinking of buying one, but if you have the step in harness, where do you attach it? and doesn't it weight down? Even the leash weights Rufio down laugh out loud

There is so many cute tags that I've seen that i wish I found a way for Rufio to have one!
[notify]
Morgana

THROW THE BALL- THROW THE BALL

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 8:34am PST 
My girls have H harnesses, so there name tags go on that they only wear the Harnesses during the day. I cant put a collar on M at all, unless its ridiculasly wide, so we have the harnesses. The tags I have are plastic so NO they do not weigh the dogs down at all.
[notify]
Bingley

Cookie Monster

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 10:21am PST 
I still put collars on my boys just to hold the tags, because I figure if they get away from me, it's because they slipped out of the harness. If that was the case, then they wouldn't have any id.
[notify]

Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 10:31am PST 
Jewel wears a collar (except at night and when I'm grooming her) to hold her tags. I figure it's best for the "what ifs" plus I walk her loose twice a day and the rest of the time in an easy-walk harness - I think tags would be annoying on the D ring of that harness.
[notify]
Jovi, NPC,- CEGE

Momma's boy and- proud of it!!!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 10:40am PST 
Jovi wears a collar at all times with his tags and when he go for a walk he has his harness
[notify]
Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 10:43am PST 
I don't think a collar would work on Rufio, one because I don't want him to get collapsed trachea or get caught on something, and due to his mane, a collar just won't fit shrug I guess harness is not for tags thinking
[notify]
Hazel Louise

Therapy Dog- Greatness!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 11:15am PST 
I know of quite a few people that only use harnesses for their small dogs (say..daschunds (spelling?)). They don't wear collars, so their tags do attach to their harnesses. They don't seem to be weighed down at all. If you have a light weight mesh type harness and a small size tag, I don't think it would be too bad. My Cavaliers wear collars just for their tags. They wear harnesses for walking. I use a mesh step-in harnesses from Doggie Design and they also have Buddy Belts, which are also step-in style and Lupine sets. I never use leashes over 1/4" or 3/8" thick for them with the smallest snap closure, so the leashes don't weigh them down at all. I love Lupine collars, harnesses and leashes made especially for small dogs (we have quite a few sets LOL)...they are very narrow width and lightweight. They also have two or three style harnesses. I like the roman harnesses for my girls, but they also have step-in and H-style.

Edited by author Wed Oct 27, '10 11:18am PST

[notify]
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 12:04pm PST 
Kit has a Puppia harness and I attach his tags to the D ring on the top of his harness - we've never had any problems, they don't seem to weigh him down or bother him any.
[notify]
Jovi, NPC,- CEGE

Momma's boy and- proud of it!!!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 12:36pm PST 
If you don't walk them with the leash attached to the collar they will not get the collapsed treachea from that.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 1:33pm PST 
Jewel wears her collar fairly loose so I'm not worried about it damaging her neck. I thought they made like a rolled leather type of collar for dogs with lots of hair? thinking
How big is Rufio? Jewel's 8.6 pounds and she wears an ID and town lisence on her collar. I didn't put the rabies tag on because I felt that it was getting to be too much and that if they used those two tags to get her back to me I could show them her vac records.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4