GO!

Is your small dog a one person dog and protective of you?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 47)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Heidi

♥ Heidi [or- "the small one"]

Barked: Sun Oct 31, '10 10:21am PST 
Haha, Heidi is my dog but loves the family, too :]

She is very protective. When someone comes in from outside and starts talking [even family], she starts yapping like crazy. It does get annoying, though x]

But I love my Heidi.. she's laying in my lap as I type this! Ahaaha. ♪
[notify]
Bosco

Barked: Sun Oct 31, '10 4:26pm PST 
Bosco is my foster kid and is incredibly protective of our family. He barks at the doorbell and when new people come in the house that he has not met before. He is a bit of a yapper, but pair that with some anxiety... and its all a show. He is secretly scared but trying so hard to be the protector of us frown
[notify]
Stella

Teacup- chupacabra

Barked: Sun Oct 31, '10 4:37pm PST 
Stella loves EVERYONE, especially children and others who will let her crawl into their arms while she licks their face. She is an incredibly social little beastie, and she loves helping me teach people about her breed.
[notify]

Maxwell Smart

The dog park toy- thief!

Barked: Sun Oct 31, '10 8:39pm PST 
Max is definitely a one-person dog, and I am his person smile

If he is unsure of someone, he will bark at them and come to stand right in front of me. It's cute, but the barking can get annoying at times, especially if he has met the person before.
[notify]
Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Mon Nov 1, '10 9:30am PST 
I love everyone (human or dog) when I'm on the ground...when I'm in mom's arms...She's mine and I will let a strange or familiar dog know in no uncertain terms to back off.
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Tue Nov 9, '10 7:57pm PST 
Nope.
Bella LOVES everyone. Truth be told, I wish she didn't. (Esp. when we are walking and there are creepers out and she wants to approach them to get pet)

However, when we are at home or sleeping, she does allert bark and growl when someone comes to the door. So she does get her protective side on at times.
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Wed Nov 10, '10 4:23pm PST 
The boys spread their love around when it comes to family but Loki definitely prefers me and Angus prefers Andy. For everyone else Loki is a lover and Angus is standoffish till he gets to know you. Chewy doesn't care as long as he gets attention.
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 47)  
1  2  3  4  5