GO!

Siberian Husky Doesn't Like Crate

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lyra

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '13 12:23pm PST 
Hi There,
I Have An 8 Week Old Female Named 'Lyra'We Have Had Her For 3 Nights And Are Crating Her Up At Night An When I Am Out Of The House So She Can't Harm Herself, But Does Not Like Been Inside The Crate At All. I Have Put Toys An Tried Giving Her Treats In Their She Will Happily Walk In And Out Of It But When I Shut The Door An Leave The Room To Go To Bed She Starts To Howl An Does The Same When I'm Out To As My Neighbour Heard Her Howling. Any Tips On This Would Be Much Appreciated Thanks In Advance smile
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '13 3:36pm PST 
Maybe try keeping the crate in your bedroom. She is just a little baby and might be more comfortable in the room with you....I know with puppies this young a lot of people will put a clock wrapped in a soft blanket in the crate with them so it is like a heart beat. I have even heard of people putting a warm pack thing wrapped in a light blanket in a crate with a young pup, because it is kind of like body warmth....then the clock along with that may resemble her sleeping with her litter mates. But I would be concerned about the pup chewing the heating pack though....
[notify]
Lyra

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 12:00am PST 
Thanks for your advice putting her in my room with me worked brilliantly, took her out for the toilet at half 1 in the morning an she slept to quarter to 8 smile just wondering how long I should keep her in my room as I would eventually have leave her alone.
[notify]

Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 6:42am PST 
Like do you mean leaving her alone at night or during the day? At night I think it's a good idea to leave her in your room......probably even in the day time if you have to go to work or whatever the case may be, your bedroom may be the most comforting place for her.
Glad you had a better night with her to
[notify]