GO!

Crying all night .......

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 6:01am PST 
Hello! I just got a 8 week old siberian husky, she is a perfect pet, except, she does not like being in the crate at night, she whines, howls and cries. At first I slept next to the crate to keep her quiet, did this for 2 nights, only letting her out every couple hrs for a pee. Then after much exhaustion, I moved her crate into a separate room ( this didn't help). She will go in the crate no problem and sleep, but as soon as I shut the door she goes nuts, I've tried putting a blanket over the crate, ( she pulled it through), I've tried yummy nylobones, kong.... Even tried putting an clock that ticks next to her crate, and a radio for noise. This is. It helping ... Now keep in mind I have only had her since jan 22/13, I'm told this whining will end eventually,,,, the last few nights we have tired her out huge before bed, and I have gotten up a few times to let her out then right back in the crate. Should I be ignoring her if I know she doesn't have to relieve herself, she hasn't soiled her crate, and she has no interest in her chew toys, even when she's not in the crate, helllllpppp please!!!!! Thanks!!!!
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 10:36am PST 
Try this. Take a two liter bottle and fill it with warm or hot water (if you use hot water cover it with a thin blanket). Put that in the create with her at night and make sure she has a bed or blanket to snuggle up in. This will simulate another puppy. You have to remember, she's still very young and misses her litter mates. She's not used to sleeping alone. That's why she does better when you sleep next to her. Also, avoid treats and toys at night. She needs to know that night time is for sleeping, not playing. This is how we got Sparkles to chill out when she came home with us last summer. Good luck! Let us know how it works out smile
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 5:08am PST 
Try this. Take a two liter bottle and fill it with warm or hot water (if you use hot water cover it with a thin blanket). Put that in the create with her at night and make sure she has a bed or blanket to snuggle up in. This will simulate another puppy. You have to remember, she's still very young and misses her litter mates. She's not used to sleeping alone. That's why she does better when you sleep next to her. Also, avoid treats and toys at night. She needs to know that night time is for sleeping, not playing. This is how we got Sparkles to chill out when she came home with us last summer. Good luck! Let us know how it works out smile
[notify]

Skye

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 10:29pm PST 
We tried a white noise machine and put the crate right next to our bed so she could hear us breathing in our sleep.
[notify]