GO!

poo

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

storm

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 12:09am PST 
hi. need a little help please? my 11 month husky has started to poo in my daughter's bedroom every time he get's a up set tummy. He does not wine to go out or walk around the house sniffing so there is no sign he needs to go untill he has done it. How do i stop him from doing this? He is walked a lot and has many chances to go when we are out, it is just first thing in the morning after his walk???
[notify]
Lexus

shy girl

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 5:06am PST 
hmmm, weird. What are you using to clean the mess up with? And is it carpet or bare floor? Be sure you have a good enzyme cleaner to clean up any messes in the house with so his scent is not there. Other then that, if you have the time pin pointed to mornings after walking, maybe close her bedroom door at least until the evening or so and keep a very close eye on him after his walk and as soon as you see him head for your daughters door you know he probably has to go so get him out and quick!
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 7:40am PST 
Maybe see your vet to treat the upset tummy. Are you sure that is the only cause?

I would rule out medical and then if it keeps occurring, figure there is a hole in his house training. Dogs aren't good at generalizing, so even though a dog may know that it isn't okay to go in the living room or master bedroom, he may not know it isn't okay to go in another room. If that is the case, I would go back to basic house training to correct the problem.
[notify]

Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 7:28am PST 
You need to address the upset stomach.

I would also make sure she can't get into that bedroom. There's a chance she'll ask to go out if her normal "emergency spot" is inaccessible, but more importantly if she can't sneak off, you stand a better chance of noticing her need to go and getting her outside. Ultimately, though, if she's sick she can't help it. All you can do is be patient and try to manage the messes as best you can.
[notify]