GO!

Help! I'm fat!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 9:26am PST 
Wow! Thanks for all the response. I'll see what I can do with Jubee's page.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 9:42am PST 
LOL have a nice walk Dreamy! dog walk
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 9:25am PST 
Just an update. It looks like we've sheared off about 2lbs so far smile if we can keep it up and keep this rate, Dreamy could be in shape by the new year! It also seems each day that her hips hurt less and less. Maybe the glucosamine is beggining to take effect smile
[notify]

Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 1:36pm PST 
That is so nice to hear Dreamy. Keep up the good work, and i'm glad your hips are in less pain! smile
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 6:14am PST 
Just an update. It looks like we've sheared off about 2lbs so far smile if we can keep it up and keep this rate, Dreamy could be in shape by the new year! It also seems each day that her hips hurt less and less. Maybe the glucosamine is beggining to take effect smile
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 6:37am PST 
[notify]
Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 6:49am PST 
How's Dreamy's diet going? Getting nowhere fast? lol.

Well, me and Jubee are both on a diet and it's rough. I figure if she has to do it, I'll do it with her. We could both stand to lose 10 lbs.
I should've known better than to let her put the weight on, but it just creeped up over time, until one day I really looked at her and thought OMG. Kind of like when I really looked at myself in the mirror.
So we are both cutting calories. She has a better chance at it, as she can't get into the refrigerator.
I should've never fed her hot dogs when she was a pup. But she just loved them and it was so simple to just cook up a few. Maybe that has nothing to do with it.
I'm feeding her one cup of dog food at night with some kind of fish or chicken thrown in. I keep one cup in the wings out of sight, and if she comes to me later on with those big brown eyes begging for more, I sprinkle a little bit out of the cup into her bowl and that satisfies her. Trying to keep her under two cups.
[notify]
Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 6:59pm PST 
Congrats Dreamy!
Thats great. I'd like to weigh Jubee but I can't pick her up. I can only weigh her at the vet and that's not worth her trauma of walking in that door. Time will tell. We just have to keep with it.
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 4:03am PST 
Dreamy didn't lose anymore weight this week but her energy level is up on her walks. She wants to pull and run and when she used to be exhausted from walking, she's now energetic and on the constant look out for squirrels. Though she hasn't lost any more weight, my husband commented that he hasn't seen her looking sore at all lately. The glucosamine has taken full effect and I noticed that she really dods have hips under all that fat lol.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 1:04pm PST 
Wow Dreamy that is so great to hear!! I'm so glad you are feeling better and have more energy! Way to go, keep up the good work happy dance
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5