GO!

Marley and Me

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Rani

Meat..Meat and- more Meat

Barked: Thu Jan 8, '09 10:30am PST 
We took Rani with us to see the movie Marley and me.

Rani will become Mali’s alternate service dog for me when Mali can not work because she is in the mothering way. We brought Rani to the movies for the first to and what better movie then Marley and me. I figured she could smooze lots of petting from dog lovers there.

She was very good. We sat in the front row where there was lots of room for her as she is a very big girl for 5 months. She was already 62 pounds and almost as tall as Mali. I kept her as close to us as possible. Rani got herself comfortable and only lifted her head a couple of times when there was a dog barking on the screen, but other than that she was perfect.

People were amazed when I told them how old she was. They were amazed first that she was so large and so young and then that she was so well behaved and so young. I explained consistency in training and socialization pay a huge part in training any dog not just a service dog. Not to mention Shilohs are smart as they come to begin with.
[notify]