GO!

Shihtzu shedding

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

smoky

sweetie

Barked: Tue Apr 10, '12 8:28am PST 
I thought shihtzu did not shed their hair.My dog's hair is every where.Bootleg or imposter?Love him just the same.shrug
[notify]
Mei Li (RIP)

Cuddle Monster

Barked: Sat Apr 14, '12 2:45am PST 
Hmm.... thinking I don't know this one. But I heard that their hair is similar to human hair, and from discussions with other owners... that the types vary just like human hair does. Some humans shed more than others? (Mine does!) BOL!
[notify]
Jasper

mop (looked like- one when i got- him)

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '12 10:44am PST 
dont know the deal there iv had my male shihtzu long time and iv hardy ever see any hair unless i brush him
[notify]

Eclipse

I am a Diva- Girl

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 12:28pm PST 
ALL DOGS SHED. We have 3 shih tuz, We are groomers, Shih Tuz shed it just stay in the coat, You have to comb out your dog, When you comb your dog you get hair out when you comb
[notify]
Wicket

Mom's little- Fluffer Muffin

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '12 7:46pm PST 
Wicket doesn't "shed" normally when he's in a longer coat but when we have him groomed short, there's always a lot of shedding! When their hair is long, the long outer layer catches the shedding hair which usually you'll see when you brush him. When it's shorter, the hair falls and isn't caught. I hope that makes sense.
[notify]