GO!

worlds biggest shih tzu?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
pudgums

Barked: Tue Apr 21, '09 8:13pm PST 
I Believe I have him, hes 38 lbs, anyone have one bigger, hes not obese but we are watching his diet, yes im sure hes pure bred
[notify]
Tobi &- Willow

Snips 'N Snails- and Puppy Dog- Tails

Barked: Wed Apr 22, '09 8:27am PST 
Wow! We think you might be right! BOL dancing

But pudgums certainly looks adorable, and assuming he's not experiencing any health problems as a result of his weight, that's pretty cool!

Edited by author Wed Apr 22, '09 8:28am PST

[notify]
Kirby

Show me the- treats!

Barked: Fri May 22, '09 6:22am PST 
Holy smoke! Kirby is 19 lbs and I thought that was big. (we were told he'd be between 10 and 12 lbs lol) Just more to love, right?
[notify]

Ollie Boo- Bear

Mr ShihTzu -Lord- Ollington of- Spifsfield

Barked: Tue May 26, '09 10:31am PST 
he cant possibly be 38lbs! that is absolutely massize!

maybe you should get it confirmed at the vet

ollie is 5 kg but is only 11 months so not finished growing x
[notify]
Yuki Joy

Come and pet- me,you know you- want to!!!!

Barked: Sat Jul 18, '09 7:24pm PST 
Wow!!! Very big shih-tzu. Has your vet said anything about it or did he said that it was fine. I was told by some loser that pretended to be an expert that shih-tzus shouldn't weigh any more that 10 lbs so when I visited the vet last Tuesday me and mom were very scare when the vet told us that my current weight is 12.8 lbs but he said that its fine and that its not a bad weigh at all.I trust him better that the other loser who told me that I shouldnt weight more that 10 lbs but still...what is an ideal weight for me? I am good right now like the vet said I was?Should I pull in more weight or take some off?
[notify]
Meisha Marie

Lookin for- Cookies

Barked: Sat Aug 8, '09 8:29pm PST 
Yuki, you are fine. A tzu can range anywhere from tiny tiny, like the Imperial, up to 20 lbs easily. Don't worry about it. The 38 lbs is very very unusual. Hummmmm. What's up with that? I have no doubt that he is full tzu, but I wonder what went on in his genes to make him that big. Who knows. Isn't he the best in the world though, mommy and daddy?
[notify]
Frankie

Barked: Sat Apr 10, '10 4:29pm PST 
He looks just like my Shih Tzu!! Frankie is huge, we are not certain of his weight, but I'm betting it's in the 30's, also. Glad that he's not the only one out there! People are always shocked when we say he's a Shih Tzu. He's my big teddy bear! smile
[notify]
Vader

Chubby Shih-Tzu

Barked: Thu Apr 29, '10 1:29pm PST 
WOW!! I thought we had the biggest Shih Tzu. According to the scale at the Vet's office on April 28, 2010, our Shih Tzu, Vader, weighs in at 32.1 pounds and we thought that was big for his breed. We have his papers, too and he is a pure bred Shih Tzu. I guess some are bigger than others!!!!
[notify]
little bear

Barked: Sun May 9, '10 10:24am PST 
yes my purebred shih tzu wheighs 42.2 pounds. it is kind of a bad picture but i will try and post some more. his name is bear, but we call him little bear. he is the largest the vet has ever seen and he still likes to play ball and do all that.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Aug 19, '12 7:00pm PST 
My "Papa Big Buns" aka Boomer...is 36.5 pounds...he just got weighed at the vet last week. They reprimanded me a bit but just because he gained 5 pounds in a year...they feel that he is at a normal weight between his norm of 28-32 smile his parents are quite small but he and his two brothers have always been very long and a bit pudgy!! I love him so much I wouldnt want him any other way...i realize the norm is around 12 lbs but there are always exceptions to the rule!! Hes my special little
guy
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2