GO!

Yeast infection in snout, paws.. :(

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Kuma

Lover of Naps

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 1:27pm PST 
I took Kuma to the vet and got drops for the yeast infection in his one ear.. Now, 2 weeks later he is constantly rubbing his snout on the ground at licking at his paws..

A few google searches has me all turned around..

Some of the suggestions:

Antifungal shampoo

Yogurt

Apple cider vinegar in his water, sprayed in a 50/50 solution on his trouble spots.

Dipping paws in 50-50 solution of white vinegar and water.

Organic coconut oil in his food.

Aquaphor topical cream

Atopica?

Thoughts??

I'll be interested to know what the vet suggests.. If he says antibiotics, doesn't that feed yeast?

Steroids?
[notify]
Kuma

Lover of Naps

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 5:12pm PST 
Yeah, now there's red scab-like stuff on his snout, like psoriasis..

Made a vet appointment.. He says it might be an allergy? Suggested topical treatments of h peroxide and 50ml of Benedryl every 8 hours..
[notify]
Arya

Serious Face

Barked: Sat Jun 8, '13 12:13pm PST 
No idea what it could be... just wanted to say that sucks. frown Hope your vet figures it out and gets your pup feeling better.
[notify]

Kuma

Lover of Naps

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 10:28am PST 
The vet figures it's an allergy. So giving him steroids, and I got him a hypoallergenic food (hopefully it's not an environmental allergy)..

Finger's crossed!
[notify]
Arya

Serious Face

Barked: Sun Jun 16, '13 9:59am PST 
Good luck!! I hope that does the trick. smile
[notify]
Kuma

Lover of Naps

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 1:41pm PST 
allergy seems to be better (at least he's not rubbing his snout on the ground, or licking his leg to the skin any more)..

But the steroids gave him a bladder infection.. frown

Can't catch a break, this guy..

So on antibiotics and cranberry extract for next 10 days..
[notify]
Arya

Serious Face

Barked: Wed Jun 26, '13 3:15pm PST 
Poor baby!! frown Sometimes it's just one thing right after another...

At least a bladder infection shouldn't be that hard to get rid of. And then he'll finally be all better. smile
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Sat Jun 29, '13 9:37am PST 
Hope he gets better soon. Saya doesn't have much issues with allergies and stuff.

Bella our boxer she is sensitive dog..
[notify]