GO!

Is my Shiba over weight??

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Manitou

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 4:11am PST 
My 9 month old male Shiba is 30+ pounds!! My vet said he's fine, and just a "big boy" for his breed... Anyone else ever know of a shiba this big?? His mom was petite, and I never met his dad.. snoopy
[notify]
Kaida

Official Shiba- Squirrel Tracker

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 9:50pm PST 
There are a handful of larger shibas on the forums. Normally they are around 20 or so pounds, but he definitely looks healthy and not fat by the pictures. Some are larger framed some are tiny framed. If your vet doesn't feel he's overweight, then he should be fine smile
[notify]
Tokyo

Cheese!

Barked: Fri May 3, '13 6:41am PST 
While you might be on the bigger size for a shiba, there are many bigger shibas who aren't overweight. I actually have a lot of shiba friends who are above 30 lbs. It's not uncommon at all. It sounds like your vet thinks you're the right weight for your size, so I wouldn't worry.
[notify]

Toshiro

Play with me?

Barked: Sun May 12, '13 9:52am PST 
If your profile pic is correct then I don't think so.

Toshi was around 30 lbs at 9 months and basically full grown.
[notify]