GO!

Puppy Agression

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Tobimaru

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 6:52pm PST 
I have a 5 month old cream Shiba Inu who has been showing signs of aggression lately. At random times he would be lounging on the couch and I or one of my family members would walk by and he would lash out, trying to bit our hands. He is also very protective of the underside of the couch. For example, a ball would roll under the couch and Tobi would duck under the couch as well and stay there, guarding the ball. When we would try to get the ball he would go crazy and try to snap at us whenever we stuck our hand under the couch. We would always responded to this type of behavior by firmly saying, "NO" and bring him to his Time Out area.

Any advice you guys could give me to help stop this behavior? Please and thank you!
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 10:16am PST 
If Tobi is resource guarding the ball, or space under couch this book might be helpful.

You might get some more help on the behavior and training board.

Be sure to get the book anyways though learning to deal with resource guarding is always good.

http://www.amazon.com/Mine-Practical-Guide-Resource-Guarding/dp/ 0970562942/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1328913609&sr=8-3
[notify]