GO!

Shiba Nightmare?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Yoshimi

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 10:41am PST 
Last night at about 4am Yoshimi woke us up screaming randomly. She seemed to be okay, but I was wondering if anyone else had had an instance of their shiba having nightmares and/or screaming in the middle of the night for no apparent reason.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 2:10pm PST 
Saya sometimes moves her legs and barks in her sleep like she is chasing something.. I'm sure dogs do dream or maybe not I dunno sadly dogs can't speak much.. laugh out loud
[notify]
Kaida

Official Shiba- Squirrel Tracker

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 7:31am PST 
Kaida has never woke up screaming, but she does whimper and bark in her sleep quite often.
[notify]

Saki

I'm a licker,- not a biter!

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 9:51am PST 
Saki will also whimper on occasion. I asked her vet and he said that she might not be getting enough exercise. On his advise I started taking her jogging with me and the nightmares stopped. Recently I got the flu and was out for two weeks!! Saki didn't get much exercise during this time and I noticed it happening again, so It made me think that maybe it is due to lack of exercise.
[notify]
Toshiro

Play with me?

Barked: Sun May 12, '13 9:59am PST 
Toshi barks in his sleep every other day, generally after a stimulating day.

Short scream perhaps 4 times a year, haven't noticed anything negative.
[notify]