GO!

Food Advice

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Kimiko

Star Fight- Princess

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 8:28pm PST 
I'll be getting my Shiba Inu puppy, Kimiko, on the 22nd and have been doing tons of research on what I should be feeding her. Obviously what she likes will be a huge factor, but what is nutritional and healthy for her is a huge factor as well. I've pretty much decided on Blue Buffalo puppy food for her, either the Blue Buffalo Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Food, or the Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Dry Puppy Food.

What are you feeding your Shiba Inus?
[notify]
Okami- Amaterasu

I shalst- pluck-eth ze- toy...

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 5:38pm PST 
I'm feeding a raw diet.
It's the most natural kind of diet out there, but it is very time consuming and can get expensive. I think it's worth it though.

Otherwise, Blue Buffalo is a pretty decent food company. I've never fed it myself when Okami was still on kibble, but looking at the ingredients it is pretty good.
[notify]
Goji

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 3:00pm PST 
I feed my dogs Wellness Core. I switched to grain free because one of my dogs has allergies and the food may have been effecting them. I have also heard that Blue Buffalo is good.
[notify]

Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 9:16pm PST 
Blue buffalo is pretty good kibble never fed it before though, but ingredients looks nice.

I've fed chicken soup for puppy's lover soul, wellness puppy, wellness core, wellness core ocean, fromm duck, pork and the grain free beef..

Also tried before grain salmon before they changed the kibble formula.

Saya is fed raw now, but as pup she was first on chicken soup for puppy lover soul kibble then wellness puppy then at 6months she got wellness core ocean.

She has a good gut and handled the two different puppy kibble fine and wellness core ocean too once she was 6months.

Saya gets kibble for low value treat so she enjoys some of what Bella gets and sometimes I get her own bag of kibble for treats.
[notify]
Sencha

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 10:16am PST 
Sencha LOVES Taste of the Wild (salmon flavors)
[notify]
Saki

I'm a licker,- not a biter!

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 11:28am PST 
Stay away from any food made by Diamond. This is the company that is always having problems with dog deaths and recalls!!!
Saki has allergies and is also a very picky eater so i switch between Wellness Core fish formula and Barking at The Moon. Both high on protein and grain free way to go
[notify]