GO!

Yukio's Separation Anxiety

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 8:17am PST 
My 2 year old shiba inu seems to have developed separation anxiety within the last few weeks even though I've had him since he was a pup. He generally sleeps downstairs with three other dogs but lately he's gotten so nervous he'll find his way upstairs to sleep under my bed. I've blocked his way upstairs but he'll somehow break through. I've even crated him at night and he would tear down the crate just to get out. Yukio gets extremely nervous when I go upstairs to go to sleep and when I'm getting ready to leave the house he wants to follow me. Any ideas on what caused this sudden change and how to fix it?
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 5:43pm PST 
http://www.amazon.com/Ill-Home-Soon-Separation-Anxiety/dp/1891767054 /ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357350124&sr=8-1&keywords=i%27ll+be+home+so on

This book covers it. How is the exercise? Does the dogs get exercise daily?
[notify]

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 9:54pm PST 
He doesn't get daily exercise. Would that help? He sure does sleep a lot too for a young'n. I'll look into the book. Thanks!!
[notify]

Saki

I'm a licker,- not a biter!

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 11:40am PST 
Exercise is the key!! Probably has a lot of pent up energy!
[notify]