GO!

Separation anxiety?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Nova

The explorer

Barked: Tue Jul 1, '08 4:56pm PST 
That was actually part of the reason I was worried about the medication... I'd never heard of putting dogs on medication for behaviour issues before, and was certainly concerned that they might become dependent on it. I do trust my vet, she's always been very good with us, and is always helpful, I'm just glad that they're doing better on their own. I'm also glad it was more of a noise issue than a destructive thing, because I think personally I'd find that a lot harder to deal with.

I'm lucky in the fact that everybody that has really been affected by it (especially the people upstairs) are dog people, and understand that sometimes it takes time to work through issues you're having. I think maybe the neutering has helped as well, since in general they seem to be better behaved now that they're recovered. Nova's been much easier to walk (most days), and they don't seem to get worked up as much in the house about little things.
[notify]
Max Gilmer

Barked: Mon Oct 11, '10 8:40am PST 
Hey, Nova im really new to this,but my dog Max has been doing the same things... it could very well be that we just had a baby in August and Max has been reacting diffrently ever since in one of my Sheltie dog magazines it brings to notice that they could be thinking that you the owner(s) not spending enough time with the dog.....we resently got Max fixed and when my husband yells or taps him accross the nose.... he sometimes pea's. So as said its not fair for the dog because he simpally thinks you may not care .As we do to my dog Max when the babys sleeping we play with him and just enough to show him we care for him he's getting better at the door and with the baby..........dog
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2