GO!

Executive Director of ARF found dead in car with 31 dogs

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

King Jackal- Jackson

Appreciate me- for the gift- that I am!

Barked: Fri Nov 15, '13 5:17pm PST 
We happened upon this article. It is extremely disturbing and we're hoping not true. Does anyone have any additional information?
[notify]
Calamity- Jane

Barked: Sat Nov 16, '13 10:40am PST 
No first hand information here, just that I've seen several articles covering this story. It is very disturbing, and obviously this woman was not well and needed help. I don't know the full story, but what I've heard of it makes me very sad. Not just for the dogs, but for Sandra Lertzman herself. I can relate, unfortunately, to the depression and what seems to be typical hoarder mentality. The problem with mental illness, it can be hard to find help, even once you accept that you need it. I've been fortunate, but I know so many who are not.
[notify]