GO!

Rescue organizations and bad business practices

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Barked: Fri Nov 8, '13 9:08am PST 
This was suppose to be a joyous occasion for my family and me. We had filled out an adoption form for a tiny toy (teacup as they call them) poodle. Yes he was cute and small, but that was not our motivation to adopt him. We currently have a mixed poodle breed puppy and thought that the addition would be great. Long story short after placing a deposit in good faith and a week and a half long of correspondence all emails and interactions ceased. Now the Dog Tired Ranch Small Dog Rescue Ranch has my money and my dog! This is a horrible way to do business. I found them on Petfinder so I thought that it would be ok. My advice to all is to look locally. Now I have to proceed with recovering my money and getting over not adding a dog that we fell in love with to our home! Shame, Shame!
[notify]