GO!

Adopted Dachshund!Need some advice on retraining her

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Barked: Sun Sep 8, '13 5:37pm PST 
Hi.My SIL was nice enough to give me this dachshund that i fell in love with! When i brought her home i came into some issues with her like trying to get her to eat, her crate training, peeing on the couch etc.She is not spayed and has been bounced around a lot from home to home. I have had her about a month now, and have gotten her to eat and kept her off the couch! She is some what crate trained. She will be quite when im home but if i leave her in the crate without my dog other dog in there she will bark if no one is home. I have left her in there for about half an hour or so and she barks while im gone to take my other dog out for a walk. I cant take them both with me because i have an 11 month old daughter and its hard to push the stroller with both dogs! I do relize that she is not from the city and needs a bit of training.She is also not socilized with other dogs very well and has never really been out in public as she doesnt know how to stop at the lights and runs from dogs when introduced when i have brought her down to the waterfront. She better when there isnt alot of people around! Any training tips would be helpful thank you.
[notify]