GO!

A Chance to Foster...

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Aug 15, '13 12:21pm PST 
A local grooming salon got an owner to hand over three dogs who were not being cared for. Standard Poodle, Bichon Frise and a Min. Schnauzer.

The poodle is already placed. I left my name as a possible foster for one or both of the others. Both are male and about 4 or 5.

Bad skin conditions, but the grooming salon is going to tend that.

Can I do it? I have had some trouble with my two little girls, so would have to keep them seperate, though I believe it would work. First time potential foster nerves. What do I need to know?
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Thu Aug 15, '13 12:49pm PST 
That you should have snapped up that poodle! laugh out loud

Since this isn't through a rescue but a person I would sort out who's paying for what! And how potential adopters are going to be screened and all that stuff that's usually already set up with a rescue.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Aug 15, '13 12:53pm PST 
Yes, I already quizzed them on general health. I did not ask who is paying the bills, but will - based on the answer to the above. And they told me the two available are both male, but looking on the page they say that one of them is female. I don't think that will work - due to the Dubs, Cookie conflict.

(The poodle had already been claimed before I saw the page. no fools hereabout!)
[notify]

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Aug 15, '13 12:55pm PST 
and yes...let my first try not be a fail! So it will have to move to a permanent home, I will need to find out their plans there. Or if it is the Bichon, I know of a Bichon Rescue...

But the Bichon is female, and the Schnauzer is 14 years old.

I'm not sure I can deal with advanced age...or another girly girl.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Thu Aug 15, '13 9:34pm PST 
If it doesn't feel right don't do it!! I recently had a foster that didn't get along with the girls and it was a nightmare. Took my rescue three weeks to find him someplace else to go. I was pretty much already at my wits end when I asked for him to be moved.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Sat Aug 17, '13 1:33pm PST 
Oh, I forgot to post the outcome. I got a call later...they had already managed to find an adopter for the Bichon and that person agreed to take the Schnauzer too.

So happy endings.

Someday I will do this.
[notify]