GO!

Confused about fostering

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Sonny

the world's- first blond,- agility Beagle

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 8:28pm PST 
Wow. Charlie caught the bullet. Glad you dodged it!
It's pretty obvious that Beau was placed with Charlie in hopes that he would have a permanent home.
No reputable rescue can or will place a dog with a bite history in an adoptive home.
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Wed Jun 26, '13 11:50am PST 
Sonny - that was my thought about it too. He did, fortunately, find a home, but it's with a close friend of the rescue who knows his history and has no children, and I'm not sure if it will last anyway. I probably would have adopted him, had I had the right living situation, but I'm now glad I didn't, as he wasn't safe with small children and I'm about to have a baby. I honestly, am incredibly surprised he didn't remain a lifer.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2