GO!

Strange Situation

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 11:43pm PST 
We adopted Penny 2wks ago tomorrow and her foster mother actually runs the rescue she came from and she is a Vet tech at my vets office. She has been calling almost daily to "check" on Penny which the first time I was glad to give her an update now it just seems weird! I am glad she only works part time at the vets office so I can schedule appts when she isn't there because changing vets is not an option Hades has been going there since before I got him and while he is a giant sweetheart he is the Sheldon Cooper of the dog world and he is not a fan of change. This whole "checking" on Penny seems to border on weird how do I tell her to stop? I feel like if she was that aattached to her she shouldn't have put her up for adoption and it's time for her to leave us alone. Am I being too harsh?
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Sat Jun 8, '13 5:49am PST 
Calling daily for two weeks IS excessive. Can you just not answer the phone when she calls for a few days? Maybe she will back off or maybe after a few days you can take a call and tell her you have been really busy and having a wonderful time with Penny.

If that doesn't do the trick, simply thank her for her concern,reassure her that you will take good care of Penny, and they say something like, but you have to stop calling every day. We are fine and Penny wants to forget her time as a stray. If that doesn't work, block her number.

Good Luck
[notify]
Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Sat Jun 8, '13 7:59am PST 
Fritz Thank you for the advice. I stopped answering her calls Thursday so hopefully she will get the idea. She is making my son nervous he is afraid she is going to take Penny back. I do keep in contact with the person I got Hades from but he was a friend and co-worker so that's different and he also lives in the UK.
[notify]