GO!

*COPPER NEEDS A NEW HOME*

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Copper

Barked: Mon Jun 3, '13 10:06am PST 
Copper is a great dog and I am very sad and sorry to have to see him move. We are moving to an area that is not a goof fit for him. He is a very fun, attentive, smart dog. He is not for a family with small children, as we rescued him from a home where the children were not nice to him. He is very loyal and protective of his owners. He loves to play, cuddle, and be loved. He is housetrained and listens to commands quite well. A great all around dog/companion in great health.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Jun 3, '13 12:22pm PST 
So what really is the problem here. Why is your new place not a good fit for him? Is it difficult to find a dog friendly apartment to live? We need more info in order to better help you. smile
[notify]
Copper

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 11:35am PST 
Not an apartment type move. I am moving due to a divorce, to a home where our next door neighbors have 2 small girls, ages 2 and 4. There is a chainlink fence between our homes, however I cannot take the risk of Copper jumping over or having the little girls play near the fence line and Copper becoming aggressive. Being that I am the one moving to this established neighborhood, I feel it is my responsibility not to bring a source of potential danger to others children. We have become Coppers home, and feel guilty to have to do this, but it is the only responsible thing I think I can do.
[notify]