GO!

Ankle biting-Barking-anxiety

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 7:20am PST 
We adopted a Chihuahua/Mix, Rosie, not quite a year ago. We do not know her history but apparently there is something there. With myself and my daughter she is loving and fine, but with our boxer and cat, she is always on edge, tries to bite them as well as anyone else that comes into the house. The barking is non-stop and when we go outside it is fine until she sees a person, another dog, or something that gets her going. If she is off leash, I cannot trust her if there is anyone or another dog about as she will zoom for them barking non-stop and snapping, sometimes hits the skin with a bite. We have tried various training and anti anxiety tools (no medications), but she doesn't respond.
I wonder if she would be better in a home without other pets with someone that has time to really spend with her and no other pet. She is warm and loving when it is just she and my daughter. Anyone have any ideas?
Thank you
[notify]