GO!

What breed is she?

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Barked: Thu Mar 28, '13 3:30pm PST 
Hi! I adopted this great 1-year-old girl last December and am still scratching my head about her breed/mix. Clearly she's part ACD, but I don't think she's pure, right? I have a couple ideas but want to see other people's suggestions!

She's about 44 lb. Very high-energy, playful, super smart, and trainable. She was initially very fearful around strangers and new places, but has gotten way better.

Here are photos!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g3j90dyn4jh317m/HnphqbQPxA
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Fri Mar 29, '13 10:40am PST 
She could be any number of breeds.

I see strong evidence she could be a red Australian Cattle Dog mix. She has upright ears and freckling. They are intelligent working dogs. They tend to be stockier than your dog.

I can't really say what other breeds she may be.
[notify]
Ranger

Stranger Danger- Rescue Ranger is- ready!

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 9:09am PST 
My thought was Australian Cattle Dog mix too....no idea on the other half though.
[notify]

Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 10:36am PST 
Wow....those ears are wild! laugh out loud Cool looking dog way to go You can see the ACD but she's got a bit of bone and substance, you might lean towards a bully of some sort. She doesn't look like 50/50 in any case, though. "All American ACD Type," if you will. I hope you are enjoying her!
[notify]
Geordi

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 3:33pm PST 
Have you looked into getting a DNA test that will test for specific breeds genetic markers? We did that for our Geordi and it was so worth it!

I figured he was a total mutt with at least a half a dozen different breeds. Everyone had their theories, but most people guessed Lap and either Pit Bull or Boxer. Some people said he probably had Border Collie as well.

As it turned out, no one guessed right! He was 50% Plott Hound (we hadn't even heard of the breed before now) and 25% Shetland Sheepdog and 25% Dachshund. I would have never guessed any of those breeds, but now that we know I can see characteristics of all three.
[notify]