GO!

Introducing Sweet Caroline

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Sweet- Caroline

A Sweet Older- Lady

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 8:39pm PST 
HELLO!!!!!

I want to thank everyone who helped me get here! Dogster was a big help in my new caretaker deciding to get a new dog. My new little brother Mr. Jake the Beagle has been on this forum for a year and a half. That youngin' .

Well Hello! I'm Sweet Caroline. My new guardian picked up out of the shelter just today. It's nice to meet you all!!!

blue dogsnoopy

Updated : 3/12/13

Sweet Caroline has come through her Dental 100% but pretty sore. She lost a few teeth and had some gum cut away. She does have a heart murmur but her heart is otherwise healthy and working. It's not enlarged thankfully. relieved

The vet also told me based on her tarter build up she's probably closer to 10 years old then 7. I told her it didn't mater.

The only thing that changed was i put a rush on the glucosamine pills i order this after noon. From 3-5 days to 2 day shipping big grin

Anyway I hope She and I will have many happy years togeether with Mr. Beagle. Even though it's only been a few days. I feel like she's been here her whole life.

Edited by author Tue Mar 12, '13 10:59pm PST

[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 10:08pm PST 
Nice to meet youwelcome
And named after one of my favorite songslaugh out loud
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 9:21am PST 
welcome Sweet Caroline!

xoxo
Annie
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 6:01pm PST 
I have been watching you decide..and have been so impressed at the obvious care and want to get it right....

SO glad you have now got Caroline !

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopyhug
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 8:27pm PST 
HIIII Baby!!!!! I love your name and love your pic!!! I'm sure you and Mr. Jake are going to be so happy togetherhappy dancehappy dancehappy dancesnoopysnoopy
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 10:22pm PST 
Wow, what an interesting looking dog! I've never seen a basset with two different colored eyes. She's lovely, congratulations!
[notify]
Sweet- Caroline

A Sweet Older- Lady

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 10:29pm PST 
Sabi- Thanks! I don't know this song my new Mom speaks of. But she says it matches me exactly.

Annie- HI!

Flicka- Thanks. Your words mean a lot to mom. She was so worried about messing this up some how. And she wasn't sure another hound was right for here. Espeically after that first year with Jake that she goes on and on about. (She literally won't stop saying how different I am already from him) But she's still since we're both tri color she expected us to be similar. Doesn't she know each dog is different big grin

Sophie- HELLO! Mr. Beagle and I get along like two peas in a pod. You'd never guess i've only been here 24 hours!

Thank you everyone for welcoming Sweet Caroline. I didn't think when i started my search long before asking Dogster for help that I would have picked a senior dog. But i realize now she was a great choice. Jake is already so much calmer around the house. And he seems to take joy in stealing her kong and then letting her eat his. It's so strange.

Thank you all again so much for your help! I feel my family is so much more complete now.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Mon Mar 11, '13 8:02am PST 
Yay!! snoopy
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Mon Mar 11, '13 8:33am PST 
Welcome Sweet Caroline!

What a beauty she is! I will never be able to live without hounds in my life again, regardless of the type. I just love them sooo much. Especially the long floppy ears on scenthounds. Basset mixes make some of the cutest rescue dogs around too!

Hoping you lots of good fortune with her, and lots of good memories, and hoping her and Jake get along super well too!
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Mon Mar 11, '13 9:43am PST 
Congratulations! I love seeing people adopt older dogs. They're so often overlooked, but they have so much to give.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3