GO!

What breed is our new doggie?

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Bee Pee

We come atcha- like lightnin' - speed!

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 10:58pm PST 
Hello everydog!

We haven't been on dogster for years! But Mommy and Daddy just adopted a very sweet doggie from a shelter and we aren't sure what breed she is.

She was a stray and had a really ruff life frown. The paperwork says she is a pitbull mix but lots of other humans are saying she is a dogo argentino!

She is emaciated and is said to be only 18 months old. Humans at the shelter said she isn't a dogo becawz her size is small, but maybe becawz she is malnourished? She doesn't seem like a pitbull to Mommy and Daddy...but they said they are no experts so they need your help!

Please visit her page...she's isn't in great health (but soon to change with our luvs!) Can some dogs that know doggies well tell us your opinion?

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1279155

Thank you very much!
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 5:22am PST 
How tall is she? The females are supposed to be 24-27inch range and can weigh 90-120lbs.

This site has pictures of Dogo's, the top picture takes you to the wikipedia page on the breed and the last two photos on the page show uncropped Dogos.

Dogo

Hope that helps! wave
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 10:24am PST 
Oh, poor girl! I'm so glad you adopted her! She has a lot of filling out to do!hug I think American Bulldog *could* be a possibility. It will be easier to tell when she puts on some weight.hug
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 5:59pm PST 
Pretty obvious why you took her home...those eyes speak volumes!!! You would have to be blind not to see it! GREAT PHOTO!!!
I wouldn't be surprised to find some lab in there and I almost NEVER say that being a lab breeder, BOL! The eyes and the shape of the head look very labby to me.
[notify]