GO!

More unbelievable dog "owners"

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 9:43pm PST 
Thanks for rescuing the poor girl. Makes me realize there are in fact bad people in this world. Fortunately I haven't met any yet. Good luck rehabilitating her. smile
[notify]

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 8:01pm PST 
Wow, that is harsh. I've even read something over the Internet saying that the owners had purposefully left their dog behind. Too bad the dog kept thinking that her owners were going to come back for her and kept coming back to the house for several years. Thankfully though she was adopted by a man who claimed to have lost a dog that looked exactly just like her. dog
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 5:31pm PST 
There are no words.

How do you choose between your furbabies, take two and leave one behind, especially a little thing that takes up no space and doesn't eat that much?

And you have to wonder about the health and safety of the two they're taking with them.

10 years. In 10 years, these alleged humans lack the humanity to realize they're throwing away a life?

People just suck sometimes.

But sometimes they do not, as when people save such neglected dogs. And for that, I thank you.
[notify]

Okami- Amaterasu

I shalst- pluck-eth ze- toy...

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '12 1:14pm PST 
Cinnamon is doing very well. She's been to the vet, had the shots she needed and, as we suspected, she needs to have quite a few teeth removed. We may have them removed when she goes for her spay, though it depends on how much it's going to cost us.

She is also showing more and more of her personality, lol. She is a MAJOR barker; barks when you come in the room, when doors open, even when you come down the stairs. She also is, of course, not house trained. We're working on it, but she doesn't really realize not to go in the house yet. She also pees when she is excited or scared, which is not all that surprising.

I maaaay have found a home for her; a woman I work with who groomed Cinnamon has fallen in love with her haha, so she may take her after her spay.

Wish me luck in finding her a home! party
[notify]
Lily

support rescue!

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 4:44pm PST 
I know how you feel. A neighbor moved out and left their Great Pyrenees behind. This poor dog sits on the stoop of the house everyday waiting for them to come back. She won't let me catch her but I have been feeding and watering her and set up a spot under the home with a sleeping back for her with food and treats. I'm currently trying to find rescue for her and it's like hitting a brick wall! shock People make me so angry! There's another little chi in this neighborhood who lives in a tiny kennel in the backyard day and night in the cold and heat. I'm trying to convince the "owners" to let me find a rescue for her too. She technically has a dog house so animal control will not cite them for cruelty. Ugh...I feel your pain. Bless you for doing what you are doing. People like you truely make a difference and restore my faith in humanity!applause
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2