GO!

Memorial Donations

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 9:10am PST 
I was wondering if anyone knows how to go about choosing a rescue or shelter to make a memorial donation to. I want to donate to a Doberman Rescue in memory of Katana and a Husky rescue in memory of Maggie but I feel like I should ask them what exactly the money goes for. Does anyone have any ideas? Or should I just buy some food,toys,collars and leashes and other supplies for our local no kill shelter and donate them in their memory?
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 11:27am PST 
I would go the toys and food route. Every year before Christmas I make a ton of fleece dog toys and donate them so the shelter dogs have something to play with and the people who adopt a dog get a little treat..

Donations don't have to be in the form of money / food / toys either. You can donate your time as well. Maybe offer a doberman foster family or rescue an hour break and take one for a stroll. smile
[notify]
Ellie

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 4:46pm PST 
Sometimes a rescue/shelter/humane society will have a wish list on Amazon.
[notify]